Author Topic: Adam's Intro  (Read 6902 times)

ameuba10

Adam's Intro
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
Hey guys, I just found out about this site and thought Id post up a little intro.  My name is Adam, and I am a 23yo student at ECPI in Raleigh studying for my bachelors in EET.  I have been reading up on both home and car audio for a while now.  I have done a good bit of work on my current car, and for the most part I am pretty happy.  Every little upgrade is another learning experience.  Heres a couple pics that I have on my car now...

I just realized that I don't have any pics of anything other than my tweeters.   :?  Anyway, those are Hybrid's L1 Pro's.  They are without a doubt the best tweeters I have owned.  My mids are Exodus Anarchy's located in the doors.  The access holes in the doors were sealed up to separate the front from the rear waves, and the door was thoroughly deadened.  I would much rather have them in their own sealed pods but for my daily driver, the door location is fine for me.  I have never competed before, and I doubt that I would score very high if I did, but I will say I am pretty happy so far.

Home audio is another story.  I have tinkered with it a bit and I have a few projects that I am working on now, but I am pretty new to that.  Heres a couple pics of a boombox that I built.

Not the best woodworking, but the sound quality is impressive! For my first project, I was very satisfied to say the least.  Now I am just working on a few small desktop speakers.  Nothing major or over the top.

Aside from that, the only other projects were some interconnects that I have made.  I can't tell that there is much of a difference, but I tried to build them to resist as much noise as possible.  They sure work good enough for me.  I would like to try my hand at some braided cat5 speaker cables. 

Well thats me, just another audio geek.  I would love to get together with some of you guys at some meets and learn some more!

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Adam's Intro
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »
Hi Adam, Welcome to the forum!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:47:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum Adam. As an EE student it will be nice to have a "scientific" participant in our discussions on how something can possibly be explained when it doesn't always make logical sense. After all, there are more things in heaven and earth and audio than are dreampt of in Einstein's or Ampere's or Gauss's or Ohm's or Tesla's philosophies."
 :idea: #-o
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:17:09 AM »
Welcome to AN Adam! I live in Cary so I hope to meet you soon.  Is that a Honda?  What kind of tweeters in the car, and what kind of woofers are in the box? Thanks
Rich

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:31:12 AM »
Welcome Adam!

Ah, car stereo.  Brings me back to my days at ye olde hifi shoppe, where we sold upper mid-fi/economical high end home and car audio.  We were amongst the pioneers of the all-out audio system in vehicles.

I vividly remember when our young customer, Mike, plunked down $11,000 to buy an 86 Monte Carlo SS new from the dealer and another $10,000 for my store to provide and install his rockin' system.  It looked and sounded great...but I though he was crazy.

Feel free to contribute your thoughts and experiences. We are a friendly bunch, albeit a bit long in the tooth.  We welcome your youth and energy. (And wish we had some of it ourselves.)

ameuba10

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll try to get some more pics of car, and my other little projects.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:46:55 AM »
Hi Adam

Welcome to AN.  It's a great place to hang out with a bunch of great guys.  Lots of different points of view but always more like hanging with a bunch of friends.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 09:34:16 AM »
Welcome Adam....  some great minds here, not mine of course. 

Look forward to your input.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »
Welcome, Adam... looking forward to meeting you at the next shin-dig (or G2G)... Great work on your projects, looks like you've definitely got an eye for detail. 
-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:16:54 AM »
Welcome aboard, Adam! :)
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC