Author Topic: TEKTON SPEAKERS  (Read 5728 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: TEKTON SPEAKERS
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 04:17:28 PM »
As a speaker designer I've learned many rules of speaker design. do this, don't do that. Sometimes when you dont follow the rules you can still have a great sounding speaker. Many high end designs break the rules.

I never knew you had that skill. Are your designs just for yourself or friends, customers etc. If you’re up to it, it would be nice to see some of your designs.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 11:45:23 AM »
As a speaker designer I've learned many rules of speaker design. do this, don't do that. Sometimes when you dont follow the rules you can still have a great sounding speaker. Many high end designs break the rules.

I never knew you had that skill. Are your designs just for yourself or friends, customers etc. If you’re up to it, it would be nice to see some of your designs.

Nick, I used to do crude designs when I was in college, however in the past several years I have gotten better at it and the designs are primarily for my own listening pleasure. I believe that there is really no need for me to spend lots of money for someone else's speaker. Most good DIY people with an technical background will be able to make a good speaker. I have learned a great deal but I already had the wood working skill so it was just speaker know how that I needed. I had some good teachers along the way.   I can tell you it is an much art as it is science. There are some companies that take the scientific approach and the products suck, and there are those that are artisan  that create great speakers. I believe in a mix. i am working on a 2 1/2 way now and will post a thread.

Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
Do it :)

If you want to discuss or maybe create a build thread to share your experience that would be interesting.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »

Nick, I used to do crude designs when I was in college, however in the past several years I have gotten better at it and the designs are primarily for my own listening pleasure. I believe that there is really no need for me to spend lots of money for someone else's speaker. Most good DIY people with an technical background will be able to make a good speaker. I have learned a great deal but I already had the wood working skill so it was just speaker know how that I needed. I had some good teachers along the way.   I can tell you it is an much art as it is science. There are some companies that take the scientific approach and the products suck, and there are those that are artisan  that create great speakers. I believe in a mix. i am working on a 2 1/2 way now and will post a thread.

Looking forward to your build, Jim.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS