Author Topic: HAL MS-3 and dspMusik RevD at RMAF2016  (Read 4906 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
HAL MS-3 and dspMusik RevD at RMAF2016
« on: September 25, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »
Had a very good demo with Ono Audio Saturday with their new speaker system design PAKA 2.2 and the final decision has been made.

The HAL MS-3 and dspMusik RevD system will be at RMAF2016, room 9019 at the Marriott with their new speaker system for digital crossover duties. Will have both the MS-3 and MAC available to run the system as needed.

Both computers will have MathAudio Room EQ running for correction and can be used or bypassed with a simple A/B capability.

Hope to see folks at RMAF2016 for some listening.

http://onoaudio.com/

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: HAL MS-3 and dspMusik RevD at RMAF2016
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:19:43 AM »
Due to a leg injury, I will not be at RMAF2016.

The MS-3 and dspMusik RevD will be in room 9019 at the Marriott with Ono Audio for their PAKA speakers.

Hope folks get to listen and leave comments on the setup.

djdube525

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
Due to a leg injury, I will not be at RMAF2016.

Oh no! Get better quick Rich!

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
Thanks Dave,  Doctor said it would heal on it's own in time.  Hope it is quick as well.

Offline _Scotty_

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
Hey Rich you are going to have to lay off the parkour for a while.
Scotty

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:51:29 PM »
Ok, will not be doing that ever!  Beer tomorrow!  :thumb:

First picture of setup day at RMAF2016 in the Ono Audio room 9019 at the Marriott.

djdube525

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 04:16:40 AM »
Thanks Dave,  Doctor said it would heal on it's own in time.  Hope it is quick as well.

Getting older sucks... accidents when you break/tear something... I get that... crap like tweaking a back when bending down to get water at a fountain (yeah, that happened to me)... frustrating as hell.

I'll raise a pint in your honor.

BTW... Is GABF always the same weekend as RMAF? I just realized it worked out that way this year. I need to be better prepared for next year.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:21:47 AM by djdube525 »

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 05:54:51 AM »
Dave,
No, not every year.

Usually the week before.  Keep saying I want to do both, but IIRC a ticket is only good for 4 hours, unless you work the show. 

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 01:50:54 PM »
A better picture from RMAF2016 Day 1 in room 9019.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
satfrat received his HAL MS-3 today.

Looking forward to his listening observations with his DAC and system.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 05:48:03 PM »
satfrat received his HAL MS-3 today.

Looking forward to his listening observations with his DAC and system.

As am I. Robin has been quiet from quite a while now. I will be good to hear from him again. :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
wicked cool
Congrats satfrat!

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 10:11:35 PM »
Sure, I have no problem posting HERE! Fact is being retired and on a fixed income, I simply don't have the $$$ to spend on bling. So I have very little to say anymore. If it weren't for the fact my 2002 HTPC, my only music source finally died 17 months ago, and senior citizen 65 tax return was very very good to me, I would still be w/o my hard drive library. It is what it is.

Fortunately, I have Rich's MS-3 and I'll be loading up JRiver Media Center  and I'll bump up from free Fidelizer to paid Pro now that I have a dedicated music server that will do 1 thing and 1 thing only,,,,glorious music. I bought a USB 2.0 10 outlet hub and a Logitech RF keyboard and will be using my 23" monitor. I don't do wi-fi so the MS-3 will be hard wired.

Unfortunately nothing going to be happening soon. Looking for a USB 2.0 SATA 3.5 hard drive enclosure with fan for my older Seagate 1.5T  library is hard, especially when you run into fraud. I thought I found this dual bay Rosewill R2-JBOD enclosure from a Berkeley, Ca business TvsandScreens that I bought a week ago. After a couple of unanswered email inquiries and unanswered telephone calls, I went to Paypal and found my money went to BMP Products with a listed web page wholesomecupboards,com which doesn't exist. So I Google the Berkeley address and it's just a small restaurant building. Google also says the business is Canadian based and with a very low safe rating. So I filed a Resolution with Paypal. So until this gets settled, no hard drive enclosure, no hard drive library,,, still no system to talk about.

But when I do have something to say,,, I'll be back and I'll expect to be pretty excited as Scott Clark has gotten me pretty wound up over his HAL MS-1 music server and kinda pushed me off the wall into getting one. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:14:01 PM by satfrat »
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »
Well that was quick! Not even 24 hours after filing a Resolution with Paypal, they ruled in my favor and I have the refund instantly available. The last time I had a Paypal refund, it took a week for the money to show up in my Wallet.

So I'm back on the hunt for a USB 2.0 enclosure which I've already found. I've found 2 Rosewill single bay enclosures with fans, a single enclosure new and 3 used enclosures. Think I'm going with the 3 an look ahead for the future. Looks like I might actually have something to say about Rich's HAL MS-3 w/Windows 10 sooner than I expected to. 8)

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners