Author Topic: AXPONA 2011  (Read 49427 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
AXPONA 2011
« on: November 20, 2010, 08:33:58 AM »

opnly bafld

Re: AXPONA 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »
Anybody here going?  Seems to be lighter on the wallet than going out to RMAF for us east coasters....

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
I am planning to go. Probably drive down for one night. What about you?

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
It's the weekend before spring break and it currently looks wide open.  I'll check with the boss to see if I can work something out.

Rob S.

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
I'm planning to go since my daughter lives in Atlanta  :thumb:
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
FYI - AXPONA is now planning to do a show in NYC as well on June 24th & 25th. I hope it goes off as planned because as of tonight the web site is only listing one vendor under the Exhibtor list.  :roll:

http://www.axponanyc.com/default.asp
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
Any reports?  How's it going down in Hotlanta?
I really enjoy listening to music.

evan1

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »
FYI - AXPONA is now planning to do a show in NYC as well on June 24th & 25th. I hope it goes off as planned because as of tonight the web site is only listing one vendor under the Exhibtor list.  :roll:

http://www.axponanyc.com/default.asp

:dj:

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
Show was a great time, despite low turnout (at least compared to RMAF ) Bob, David, and I drove down from WV and joined up with Rich and Steve from NC. On the way home now, and am glad I left with only some vinyl, free t-shirt, and a big grin.

Rob S.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
Hey ,
My Lector made the show!
Sold it to a guy in manhattan who used it in his room at Apoxna
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline stereofool

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 06:27:47 PM »

YES! In my opinion, we had a great time. Since I wasn't looking to purchase anything, I probably didn't listen critically, or for as long, as I might otherwise.

There were certainly some nice sounding rooms and equipment, but the price of admission (for 'toys') seems to be climbing rather dramatically. I guess it's a good thing I already have most of the 'toys' that I could desire...at least while they were relatively 'cheap'.

However, there was one very surprisingly inexpensive system...a Napa Acoutics small tube-hybrid integrated amp with a set of small stand-mount Mistral speakers...for a hair under $600. For the size and price of these components, the sound was simply amazing  :shock:! Certainly not reference quality, but for an office, bedroom, bathroom, etc...not bad at all.

I did take some pictures, but it may be later in the week before I get time to upload and post them...sorry.

A big thanks to Rich for hauling me down to Atlanta and back  :thumb:. Also, it was great to see you again, Rob; as well as meeting Bob and David...hopefully we can get these great guys to join us here on AN.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline tmazz

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »

YES! In my opinion, we had a great time. Since I wasn't looking to purchase anything, I probably didn't listen critically, or for as long, as I might otherwise.

There were certainly some nice sounding rooms and equipment, but the price of admission (for 'toys') seems to be climbing rather dramatically. I guess it's a good thing I already have most of the 'toys' that I could desire...at least while they were relatively 'cheap'.

However, there was one very surprisingly inexpensive system...a Napa Acoutics small tube-hybrid integrated amp with a set of small stand-mount Mistral speakers...for a hair under $600. For the size and price of these components, the sound was simply amazing  :shock:! Certainly not reference quality, but for an office, bedroom, bathroom, etc...not bad at all.

I did take some pictures, but it may be later in the week before I get time to upload and post them...sorry.

A big thanks to Rich for hauling me down to Atlanta and back  :thumb:. Also, it was great to see you again, Rob; as well as meeting Bob and David...hopefully we can get these great guys to join us here on AN.

Steve,

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show. I hope the NYC show is just as good. But more important that audio, how did you guys make out with the storm. You are the first guy from NC to put up a post all day. After seeing the pictures on the news we were really starting to worry about you guys.

There are very few things that trump the importance of audio, but health and safety are definitely on the top of that list.

Tom

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline stereofool

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

Steve,

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show. I hope the NYC show is just as good. But more important that audio, how did you guys make out with the storm. You are the first guy from NC to put up a post all day. After seeing the pictures on the news we were really starting to worry about you guys.

There are very few things that trump the importance of audio, but health and safety are definitely on the top of that list.

Tom

Hi, Tom  :)!

We had no weather problems in Atlanta, and when I got back to central NC (this evening) I found that we only had a little bit of wind and rain...certainly nothing like the Raleigh area experienced. According all of the calls that Rich got from his wife and kids, it would seem that his neighborhood had no problems either.

Thanks for the concern...I will have to check and see how some of our friends did, who live in the Raleigh area.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline tmazz

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Thanks for the update. Tornadoes can be very localized things  They can be all around you and completely miss your home. But if you get in their way, look out.  :shock:

I'm glad to here that Rich and his family made out OK. I only hope that the rest of our Raleigh friends were just as fortunate.  [-o<

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9