Author Topic: New guy, saying hi!  (Read 5855 times)

GCO

New guy, saying hi!
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
What's up everyone. I was talking with Bigfish over at AC a couple weeks ago and they where having some pm issues, so he asked me to come over here and check things out. Looks nice! I'm in Raleigh. Looking forward to some get togethers. If I was in my old house I would offer to host, but had to had to change things up a little. I'm confined to a small extra bedroom with a temporary system for a while.

System now is a parasound 7100 controller and emotiva amp, a few of the various av123 x series, or some nice North Creek Okaras. A Kab Technics 1200, Vista ac limited phone. I'm still kind of new to vinyl, so that's been set aside until I can really set it up properly. A new Tranquility SE with mac that I just hooked up tonight, needs some burn in. Also have a factory upgraded Jolida Jd1000 that needs new tubes. Just had the entire board  redone. And hopefully finishing a set of GR research OB7's soon. May sell those and try the Super V's. I have some ideas for those that I may offer build service for. Working on some finishing technics now. Building a couple other things for fun too, so I'll have some stuff to show off maybe.

Good to be here. Looking forward to meeting some locals. I've met Anand from ac(poseidons voice). Talked to bigfish a little, and talked with Shane from Hometheater doc a couple years ago I think.

Cheers!
Giyan

evan1

Re: New guy, saying hi!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 03:03:21 AM »
Hi
Can't wait to hear your opinion of the Tranquility

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
Welcome to the 'gang', Giyan  :thumb:!

Hope to see you at some of our G2G's.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »
Hey Giyan, you are most welcome here!! Sounds like you have a really nice system. I'm looking forward to hearing it.  Feel free to jump in and post wherever you want.
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:39 AM »
Cool, thanks for joining us, Giyan.. We post G2G announcements here at AN every other month or so.  If I remember, I post them at AC in the NC circle but I don't get to AC very often, the amount of circles gets me dizzy. ;) 

Lately we haven't had any big gatherings.  The Winter has us all shut-in I think.  I'm not sure when I will be able to host again... I'm in school many weekends and working when I'm not in school.. and we have our first baby on the way.  But if I see a free afternoon coming up, I'll post up an invite. :)

Glad to see you here and hope you enjoy the forum,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »
Welcome aboard!  :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

GCO

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yeah, winter has me in hibernation mode. Looks like it should be sunny and  warming up a little this week. Finally! Been a cold winter for NC. I'm thinking we still get a big March snow though.