Author Topic: Aqua Hi Fi and Rollo Audio  (Read 15720 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Aqua Hi Fi and Rollo Audio
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »
  It is official Rollo Audio is now a dealer for Aqua Hi Fi www.aquahifi.com
  Offering their La Scala Optologic [ tubed 12AT7] and reference Formula Optologic ladder DAC's. The La Diva transport as well.
  Home demo will be available in or about 3 weeks from now. The word out is these DAC's are the real deal in reproducing CD sound.
   Go to the site read the reviews check these babies out, you'll be glad you did.
   If you desire a music server we also are offering the INNUOS Zenith Mk2 HiFi+ music server of 2016. Check it out here www.wellpleasedaudio.com

charles
rollo audio@gmail.com
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:21:49 PM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: Aqua Hi Fi and Rollo Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »
nice looking stuff aqua

hows it sound :thumb:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »
  Read the reviews from 6 moons, Computer Audio. They love it. A different design than the Vu Jade DHT which we also offer. All great sounding DAC's within everyone's budget.

charles

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
just spoke to joe in staten island, maybe we do a demo in his house, he has a great system for that kind of thing.
get the LI boys to all come together....

I would like to hear that Italian tubed Dac :thumb:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
Yeah, I heard the Aqua Dacs are really nice!
I wanted to have a GTG anyway, April 22 might be a good date, if I can get the day off from work.

Just recieved the new PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player to go along with the DirectStream Dac the combo is very nice. Now I can play SACD's thru the Dac.

Charles, what type of input connections are on the Aqua Dacs. Can it use a I2S connection with hdmi cables?
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:15:40 PM »
  Yes both as well as SPDIF, BNC and USB. April 22nd would be good for me. May have the Innuos Zenith mk2 music server as well in stock.
   Should have the Formula, La Scala DAC's and La Diva transport. Viva Italia !!

charles

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »
Thanks,I read a little about them. Sounds like impressive gear!

I'll try to get the day. I'll let everyone know for sure.
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »
Congratulations Charles; nice pick up!

I love Fl but I really miss the opportunity to hear new gear and get together with my NY audio buddies. Enjoy guys
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »
Hmmm... looking for a nice DAC for a reference/test system. Do you have pricing?

By the way Rollo, the well pleased link is incorrect, should be http://wellpleasedav.com/
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 05:55:34 AM »
I would bring the cheapest DAC they make, the formula is nice but $16k!
No one is spending that much on Dacs anymore, at least no one we know.

Dacs are getting better and better, and cheaper and cheaper, the super high prices are a nod to the crazy past of the audio business model which is on the way out.

look at the new Wilson speaker ...685K!!!  cmon the circus is back in town!

Looking forward to this event :thumb:and Joe has a great system to do this in

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 08:56:18 AM »
I would bring the cheapest DAC they make, the formula is nice but $16k!
No one is spending that much on Dacs anymore, at least no one we know.

Dacs are getting better and better, and cheaper and cheaper, the super high prices are a nod to the crazy past of the audio business model which is on the way out.

Looking forward to this event :thumb:and Joe has a great system to do this in

Wilson is selling those speakers in Hong Kong / China... The multitude of multimillionaires there is incredible & they are passionate audiophiles competing against each other's hi-fi rigs... That's where Transparent sells their "warm-sounding" $50K speaker cables (with the turtle coffins). They mate up real well to the "hot-sounding" Wilson speakers...

My $0.02,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »
Looking forward to this event

Really? Isnt there a mountain that needs hiking? :lol:

Would be nice to see you again, Topround :thumb:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 06:10:29 AM »
I don't think the new wilson speakers are hot any more,, you can see a new hand is involved at designing these speakers though, because they have really improved a lot recently.

We have all heard expensive systems that sounded crappy, so you have to wonder if money has that much to do with it...of course you need to spend some to get results, but sometimes, alot of times, spending buckets of money doesn't really yield such tremendous gains. Just bragging rights  and I think there is a whole aspect of that incorporated into audiophilia.

I listen to Gregs GT Audio speakers and shake my head, they are just so much better than most stuff out there for relatively little money.

And yes there are lots of mountains that still need climbing.....
looking forward to seeing everyone again

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »

The circus may be back in town.... but not for long.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/15/509903805/after-146-years-ringling-bros-and-barnum-bailey-circus-to-shut-down
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Hmmm... looking for a nice DAC for a reference/test system. Do you have pricing?

By the way Rollo, the well pleased link is incorrect, should be http://wellpleasedav.com/

Thanks. I posted that site exactly but it would not work for me , thanks again.
    The La Scala is 7K and Formula 16K list price.  Music server Discounts for AN members and OEM pricing for you Bill  :D

charles
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:49:40 PM by rollo »