Author Topic: Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand  (Read 11725 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
After 15 years as the US distributor for Vienna Acoustics Sumiko is authorising www.listenup.com to sell thier remaining stock of Vienna Acoustics loudspeakers.it appears that Vienna Acoustics has ended thier relationship with Sumiko in order to open thier own US sales office.I ordered a A stock NIB pair of Beethoven Baby Grands in cherry for $1200.00 off of the retail price from Listen Up. they have a 30 day money back policy that also includes return shipping so i figured that i wont lose any money if they dont work out for me. they sure are pretty to look at  :thumb:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline JLM

Re: Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:30:46 AM »
Nice score.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
woohoo!! Good one William!

Should be great with your new Nightshade electronics. Congrats on a great deal!

Offline woofersus

• Certifiable
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
Those are on my lisy of things that look like they would sound good on paper and in pictures, but I've never had a chance to hear.  Hope they work well for you!
Tim Evans
East Street Audio
Onix, Melody, & ACA

Offline Bunky

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »
I spent two Weeks with these loudspeakers and they just dont work for me in my system . i called the online sales rep from Listen Up and told him they were not my cup of tea and that i wanted to send them back. i am negotiating the purchase of a pair of 93.5 db Silverline Sonata III's with a Dynaudio 1.25"Esotar tweeter,2.5"LPG softdome midrange, 7" Dynaudio midbass and a 9.5" Dynaudio Bass driver in Santo's rosewood. these speakers retailed for $7200 and were given great reviews by Six Moons and Positive Feedback online. they are tube friendly and Alan Yun is one of the most underated speaker designers out there. i am pretty sure these Speakers will be right up my Alley  :thumb:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Online _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
Bunky, you might want to look at the review of the Silverline Audio Sonatina III's at SoundStage.com
This review was done in Oct. of 2005
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/silverline_sonatinaiii.htm
Full measurements are also included
http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/silverline_sonatina_iii/
The only thing that I noted which raised some concern was the impedance curve which appears to hit a 3ohm minimum at about 250Hz which might be bothersome if they were paired with a tube amp.
Scotty

Offline Bunky

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 04:07:50 AM »
Hey Scotty,i am looking to purchase the more efficient Silverline Sonata III which is the big Sister to the Sonatina III. a reviewer said he easily drove the Sonata III with a 16 wpc SET amp.i think i will do fine with a push pull in the 50 wpc range.thanks....WCW III
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:53 AM »

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue12/silverlinesonata.htm
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/silverline/sonata3.html

6moons review says impedance is 8 ohms +/- 10%, that's excellent. Sensitivity is 93dB. Perfect load for a tube amp! and pretty!  :yay2:

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
I used to own the Sonatina mk2, and spent lots of time in front of my buddy's Sonata mk2.  Both excellent speakers -- dimensional w nice flow, tone and smoothness.  Very musical.
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline Bunky

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 04:46:24 PM »
I used to own the Sonatina mk2, and spent lots of time in front of my buddy's Sonata mk2.  Both excellent speakers -- dimensional w nice flow, tone and smoothness.  Very musical.
Hey man,you should post here more often i used to really enjoy talking to you over at AC. over here there is a more tolerent vibe and not much in the way of love for Bryston and such  :rofl:
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Bunky

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »

here are images sent to me from the seller,Alan Yun does the bookmatched veneer himself. the front baffle is 2 1/2" thick and the rest of the cabinet is 2" thick.i believe they should look much better in person.
-- Frank Zappa