Author Topic: High Resolution Internet Radio  (Read 22488 times)

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: High Resolution Internet Radio
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »
Ran searches and found them all, saved as favorites, thanks! :thumb:
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
I programmed the Linn trio into the Sonos remote at my bro's store, and now they put the planter speakers out on the sidewalk and play the classical feed all day. Gotta love it!

I read somewhere that the Linn Jazz feed plays too much vocal jazz, and I'd agree based on my taste, but still great nontheless.

-Mike

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
Been 14 months so I figure this thread needs a bump  :thumb:

I heard that BBC Radio 3 is streaming @ 320 now, so I added it to my favorites on mysqueezebox.com, using the Duet remote, and the station info says it's only doing 48 kbps. But when I selected it from the PC (I guess using the Logitech media server) it came up as 320. No matter what I did, from mysqueezebox.com (via internet or Duet remote), I couldn't get the 320 feed. I checked each URL (mysqueezebox.com favorite vs. Logitech media server (PC) favorites) and sure enough they were different.

So I (brilliantly, for me) copied the 320 URL and saved it as another favorite on mysqueezebox.com, deleted the existing 48 kbps BBC3 station.

So now I can pick the 320 kbps BBC Radio 3 feed via mysqueezebox.com w/out having the PC on. Sounds really good!

Don't know why when I was choosing the station via mysqueeze.com that it was coming up as a different bitrate vs. the Logitech media server  ](*,).

Hope this some sense - It's weird to me that there are 2 servers involved when using the squeezeboxen.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »
Most of the streaming services have different servers for different type of players/services. They probably assume that streaming to web clients is mostly cell phones and doesn't need the resolution of a Squeezebox playing in a home system. WTG hacking the hirez link

What kind of music is on BBC3? Thanks for the new hirez station. I'll try to get it on the Sonos.

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 07:09:27 AM »
From WIKI:

BBC Radio 3 is a national radio station operated by the BBC within the United Kingdom. Its output centres on classical music and opera, but jazz, world music, drama, culture and the arts also feature.[1] The station is the world’s most significant commissioner of new music,[2] and its New Generation Artists scheme promotes young musicians of all nationalities.[3] All BBC Proms concerts are broadcast live on Radio 3, and all concerts performed by the BBC orchestras and BBC Singers are also broadcast, either live or recorded. There are regular productions of both classic plays and newly commissioned drama.
In 2009 Radio 3 won the Sony Radio Academy UK Station of the Year Gold Award.[4] It was nominated for the same award in 2011.[

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
Sounds great! Thanks Mike