Author Topic: Stumbled across these while surfing..  (Read 9269 times)

WEEZ

Stumbled across these while surfing..
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:47:17 PM »

Double Ugly

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 06:14:37 PM »
They look interesting.  Too bad he's in Cali-forn-i-a...it'd be nice to drop in and hear how the various models differ.

Since that's not easily doable, how's about coming down here sometime and hearing my system.  You can demonstrate how significantly your favorite tube amps and pre-amps improve the sound of my system, and I'll show you how easy it is to hear differences in cables.   :P :wink:

If I can get Hantra to leave NC (tall order!), we might even have a Butler/McIntosh shoot-out!  :D

Best regards,

-Jim

PS - Still hoping to make it up there this year for DCI.

PSS - Oh...and sorry for the thread hi-jacking!  They really *do* look like interesting speakers, and may be members of a very select group that measure well AND sound good.

miklorsmith

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
Easy to hear cable differences?  Interesting.  I've been afraid to wade into those waters for fear of being exposed as wooden-eared or just suffocating under the weight.  Once I get stabilized maybe I'll have to try it.

Double Ugly

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:50:54 AM »
Quote from: "miklorsmith"
Easy to hear cable differences?  
Well, it usually is for us, assuming there's a lot of difference in the cables to begin with.  I believe a lot of it has to do with familiarity with the system, because Kandy and I can usually pick the PC, IC or SC just about every time.

The objectivist will claim it's because our subconscious tells us the more expensive cable will sound better, or because we 'want' one to sound better than the other.  The latter may be true because I *always* want the lesser expensive cable to sound better, and sometimes it does (Straley's speaker cable and Black Sand Cables Silver Ref PC both replaced much more expensive cables in my system).  But since the *MUCH* more expensive cable sometimes wins (Stealth Audio Cables Indra), I've given up trying to determine the psychological malady with which we're afflicted.  :lol: