Author Topic: the Grover Tour begins.  (Read 54764 times)

grover

the Grover Tour begins.
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
Hi Guys sorry about dropping off the board, just got too busy to start the tour. It's beginning this week with Charles Rollo. Then I'll begin to post the schedule. I'm new to this so please be patient. If anyone has some advice I'd sure welcome it.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
Re: the Grover Tour begins.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:47 AM »
re Grover tour -
I placed a good-sized upgrade ICs order with Grover a few weeks ago and that has been taking up at least some of his time.
When I last telephoned Grover on Friday or Saturday, he said he was only 1/3 through with my order, so I may share some "responsiblity."     :roll:

Definitely looking forward to receiving the new ICs
and a 6-foot Grover PC for audition.   

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »
 :dj: 

charles
SMA
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 05:50:19 AM »
The box of ICs I ordered (and a power cord to audition) arrived from Grover last evening.
I got the power cord into the system and listened a little,
but may have to wait until the weekend to dismantle the entire system and rewire with the upgraded ICs...  =(

Enjoy the Grovers on tour whenever you get them...

evan1

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »
Can you post a list in order of participants ?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »
Can you post a list in order of participants ?

Yes, that would be good.  Who's on it, how long does each person have, etc... .just list the rules of the tour please.
Include shipping, insurance, etc.)

Be sure to put an END DATE for people signing up for the tour.
I really enjoy listening to music.

grover

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm sending the cables to rollo today. I'll be posting the schedule as soon as I'm able. I think two weeks should be sufficient to comprehend the cables performance. I've never done this before and will do my best to make it a very pleasant experience for all. I'm excited, and looking forward to this. As for rules, treat the cables with care, one thing I don't know is how well the plastic connectors will perform under these conditions. I really like these connectors and hope they will take the wear and tear. Oh I don't think insurance is needed, just make sure there are tracking numbers with the parcel to track it's location. I'll be sending USPS priority with delivery confirmation. I'll keep the tour open for a couple months.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:19:27 AM by grover »

AcidJazz

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
2 weeks might be too long, depending on how many people sign up this tour could see Spring by the time its done.
1 week should be long enough...methinks.

grover

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »
Your probably right Acid Jazz. I think some may need more time, I'm sure most will hear quickly. It will be nice to see the cables change hands and hear the impressions.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Could Rollo have them till 11/26?

Im sure he is attending both the Audio Syndrome meeting on 11/25 and my Rave on 11/26. Thats alot of people being exposed to Grovers.

I'd like to compare them to my Morrow's
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
  Received them today. I will bring them to the Rave as Evan is next as we all have a two week time frame according to Grover.
  In the system warming, out of the box from a cold start through Lenehan S2 speakers which are brand spanking new, my my my. Not bright, hard or Hi Fi sounding, a great start.
  I will pull the Lenehans to give the cables a fair comparison. They are going against Harmonix Golden Ratio  [ $2800 ] and Tara Decade [ $1000 ]. We shall see.  :drool:

charles
SMA

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
 $2800 ] and Tara Decade [ $1000 ]. We shall see.   

I love the prices these guys put on cables :rofl:
such a scam :duh

Hand made in their kitchen or relabled chinese cable!
but hey people will pay what they will or what the market will bear :thumb:

Not trying to start any trouble, but we all know the prices are made up and not commensurate with work involved or rarity of materials, anyone who has made his own cable(and that would be many of us) knows this to be true.

When one pays more for a piece of wire than for a preamp or amp, then something is wrong..(as we all know)

That Grover offers cables that may perform equal to or above the other high prices cables is apllaudable :clap:
I hope they kick ass :thumb:(truly)

I always thought it was embarrasing to buy high priced cables, it sort of admits how stupid we are..or how vain

What sucks it that the expensive cable usually sounds better, like wine there are expensive bottles, and they are expensive usually because they taste best, but they don't cost anywhere near their retail to manufacture.

Hopefully Grover can deliver a LaTour or Sassicaia for Cote du Rhone prices

Just my 2 cents

mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 05:51:28 AM »
I didn't think I'd have time but maybe I will.  Please put me on the tour.  I will be comparing them to JPS Ultraconductor II's.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 06:26:47 AM »
Please place me on the tour as well... BTW, I'm located between rollo & Emil and next to BobM...

Thanks,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

grover

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
Hi guys this is great, I personally think my cables will do great against all competition. Everyone wishing to be on the tour please PM me your address. This is complicated but I promise to do my best. Rollo can keep the cables as long as necessary. Like you topround

Oh and one more thing, try not to let price prejudice influence your judgement. You know this cable costs 10 times more so it has to sound better. You'd be surprised how often I encounter this, and how the mind works.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:31:53 PM by grover »