Author Topic: Free 3 Month Tidal HiFi Trial  (Read 3149 times)

djdube525

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Free 3 Month Tidal HiFi Trial
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 02:44:30 PM »
Thanks Dave!
I've been thinking about trying Tidal. Might just give it a whirl.

Offline richidoo

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »
Keep in mind  that if you have a Tidal HiFi subscription and listen via the Tidal App on your computer the app will software decode the Tidal Masters MQA files, so you can get a chance to check out the SQ of Tidal's CD resolution streaming and the sound of MQA all at no cost to you.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

djdube525

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 03:31:42 PM »
FWIW... the deal is still valid. I just took the plunge. All I need to do is download Roon and give that a test run to see if I want to get sucked in...

This is good timing as I wanted an easy way to test headphones from my iPhone come RMAF/Canjam in October. I'm in paralysis/analysis stage for some work headphones (closed... I'm down to 4 contenders), and decided to wait until I could test drive on my own and see what I liked the most... comparing phone to whatever amped sources exist... at least that's the theory anyway.

djdube525

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
Keep in mind  that if you have a Tidal HiFi subscription and listen via the Tidal App on your computer the app will software decode the Tidal Masters MQA files, so you can get a chance to check out the SQ of Tidal's CD resolution streaming and the sound of MQA all at no cost to you.

Stupid Q... Are all Masters albums MQA enabled? Is there anything one has to set up in the desktop app settings, or just pick one of the Master Albums and go from there?

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 05:37:44 AM »

Stupid Q... Are all Masters albums MQA enabled? Is there anything one has to set up in the desktop app settings, or just pick one of the Master Albums and go from there?

"Masters" is the name that Tidal has given their MQA encoded files, so yes, all of the music marked as Maters is MQA encoded.

There are no specific settings that need to be changed. Just point and click on a Masters file and you will be playing MQA. Interesting thought that hadn't come to mind until now, the app will decode MQA to analog, but I wonder what it does if you are using a USB digital out to a DAC. My Bluesound Node outputs a standard 24/96 file to the DAC when it software decodes an MQA file. I wonder if the App does the same. Unfortunately I run to yhe DAC via the node and not staight out of the computer, so I have no way to find out.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:37:38 AM »
Signed up!  I am Beyonce's bitch now!