Author Topic: PI Audio acoustic panels  (Read 1882 times)

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
PI Audio acoustic panels
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
I want to thank Jeff Hedback for his input and Dave and Gregg  from PI Audio for their help and acoustical panels.

As my system improved I noticed that the right sound stage seemed not as forward as the left,  with Jeff help I verified that it was the lack of acoustic panels on right side of room. At the time Jeff did my original acoustic consultation it wasn’t particle to put panels in front of wood stove.  With Dave and Greggs help I designed removable panels using their acoustical panels.

Now I have a balanced sound stage that starts about 2’ past each speakers and arches back and up to about 5’ high at the very back of the room.

Wife still needs to dye fabric to match other panels. My deal with wife is I can put up any acoustical treatment, but she gets to cover them with her choice of fabric.
Mivera PureMusic,  Serenity Acoustics Super 7s w/ upgraded xover and Neotech gold/silver wire for tweet and mids. DIY Neotech gold/silver wire speaker cables. PI UberPuerto

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: PI Audio acoustic panels
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
I want to thank Jeff Hedback for his input and Dave and Gregg  from PI Audio for their help and acoustical panels.

As my system improved I noticed that the right sound stage seemed not as forward as the left,  with Jeff help I verified that it was the lack of acoustic panels on right side of room. At the time Jeff did my original acoustic consultation it wasn’t particle to put panels in front of wood stove.  With Dave and Greggs help I designed removable panels using their acoustical panels.

Now I have a balanced sound stage that starts about 2’ past each speakers and arches back and up to about 5’ high at the very back of the room.

Wife still needs to dye fabric to match other panels. My deal with wife is I can put up any acoustical treatment, but she gets to cover them with her choice of fabric.
Thank you, Mike.  It was our pleasure.  Greg is the goto guy for the acoustic treatments.  I designed the originals back in 1992 and sold quite a few through the kind referrals from recording heavyweights like Bob Hodas and others.  There are a bunch of recording studios and mastering rooms using them.

Symmetry is essential for getting a solid, balanced soundstage.  You knew this and we were pleased to help.

If anyone is interested in buiding a true, solid and believeable soundstage PM me and I will hook you up with Igor... uh... Greg.  He is a longtime friend and audiophool and is one of the finest people I have ever known.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: PI Audio acoustic panels
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »

Looks good. What a great wife you have! 👍👏
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS