Author Topic: G2G Richidoos May 30  (Read 21980 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
G2G Richidoos May 30
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »
Liquid Ear Sex, no RawDoo

Some fun surprises in store.

4pm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:35:01 AM by richidoo »

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: G2G Richidoos May 23
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure I can make this... looking forward to surprises. :)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »
Damn, that's Memorial Day weekend, isn't it?    Unfortunately, I'll be out of town that weekend.   

I trust you guys will fill me in (and share the surprise ;-)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:09:52 AM »
Count me IN!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:33:28 AM »
Memorial is 30th, the following weekend.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:33:14 AM »
Memorial is 30th, the following weekend.

Rich, I really wanted you to be right on this, but it seems it's Monday, 5/25.  The good news is that I'll be at the beach.  The bad news is that I'll miss your G2G.

Offline richidoo

Re: G2G Richidoos - May 30th
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 08:34:49 AM »
Funny! My calendar notes the traditional observance of Memorial Day which is May 30, but it is now observed on last Monday of May to make a long weekend. My calendar does not say "Traditional Observance" on 30th, it just says Memorial Day. I did not think to scour the calendar for any other Memorial Days that might be lurking. I mistakenly assumed that one is enough.

It was my intention to avoid Memorial Day weekend anyway, so the G2G is hereby moved to May 30.   aka: the real Memorial Day.

Hopefully you will be back from the beach by then Mike. ;) And I hope Carl and Steve can still make it.

Offline stereofool

Re: G2G Richidoos May 30
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
I'm still IN...unless of course I'm in prison  8-[
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 03:10:48 AM »
Yawn ... coming out of hibernation ... hungry for tunes ... hope to make it!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
Our G2G fast approaching on May 30. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Food will be pot luck. Everyone please bring something to eat/drink. I will handle plates cups, etc.  Respond here with your contribution so we can avoid dupes.

Rick Craig is bringing Kabobs for the grill.
I will make a big green salad.
I have sixes of St Bridget Porter, Newcastle, Miller Lite, and some stray Dogfish, and Coronas. I need the space, so come thirsty.

I need to know how many people are coming, so even if you said yes a month ago, please chime in again. I think we have about 9 so far.

Gear on tap:
We have Spectron Musician III mk2 courtesy of hometheaterdoc, Audio Research VT100mk3 courtesy stereofool, i60 courtesy Sol Samet. Rick might bring some bookshelfs. I got a new AT150MLX cartridge for my TT, so you can bring some vinyl. New in the house is PS Audio Digital Link III with CullenCircuits stage 4 mods, being served by CullenCircuits modified Sonos player.  I have my trusty Samsung CD spinner but could use a better digital interconnect if someone would like to volunteer. I have my Grounded Grid tube preamp and also my B1 preamp. The GGpre is excellent, but I prefer direct connect to either of these. Neither have remote control, so a fancy preamp might be useful.   Grover is shipping the SCdot speaker wires today.  I believe mdconnelly still has the interconnects?

The acoustic treatments that I planned to have installed by now are due to arrive this week. Hopefully I can get some of it installed by Saturday.

Other gear is welcome as usual, just mention it here so we can make a listening plan.
Rich

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »
as of right now, I am 99.9999999% sure I will be in attendance.

I will be bringing

a) the fabric for those that havent already gotten it from me.  That includes the 60 yard roll that needs to be cut for folks.

b) as of right now, plan for me to bring a dessert.  I will swing by Firebirds and see if they will sell me a whole "Big Daddy Chocolate Cake".  For anyone who hasn't experienced this, it is to die for... best chocolate cake I've ever had in a restaurant.... and that's a lot of restaurants...  if not that, then something else from a bakery around town....

c) I can bring cables and digital gear if folks are up for it?  I can bring digital cables, speaker cables and interconnects if folks wish.  some of it won't be broken in by then as it's new. 

I've got most of my speakers out on loan at the moment.  So I'm free to bring along the Oracle DAC1000 if folks want to hear that.  I'm also attempting to try out some additional stuff for audio PC.  If I have that, want me to bring along?
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
Thanks Shane! Sounds yummy.

We can cut the fabric here. Wires are always welcome. I personally would like to hear the Oracle DAC compare to my new Cullen DAC, but that's not essential. We will probably compare the Cullen DL3 to stereofool's stock version, and the Cullen Sonos to the stock version. As usual we will do our swap nerosis early, then settle in for some tunes. Bring whatever you want to show and tell. We just might not get to play it all. But if there is curiosity, anything goes.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
Rich,

Did Grover find any problem(s) with the speaker cables you returned to him after last G2G
[and provide explanation(s) for any probelm(s)] ???

Last I knew, the Grover speaker cables were at "SC" and no version designated SCdot except for ICs.
Could you clarify if you otherwise...

And remember Weez for us both!

Thanks,
Roger

Offline stereofool

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 01:08:19 PM »
I'm still a comin'   :D/:D!!!

I can bring the REF1...if you want. Plus, I can bring a stock PS Audio DACIII, and some JPS SC 3 cables.

If you want me to bring anything else, just let me know.

I'll have to think about what food I can do ahead of time, since I'll be working that morning.

By the way...is this still at 4:00PM???
Steve

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »
Yup, I've still got the Grover SCdot ICs and will certainly bring them along unless someone wants to check them out prior to the G2G.   Not sure what time I can get there yet but plan to be there just the same.   Shane, I'd love to see that Oracle DAC.