Author Topic: Phono cables...  (Read 2949 times)

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Phono cables...
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:26:57 PM »
I've been listening to a few phono cables today.   A friend loaned me his Audioquest with their 72V magical force field.. eh, ok.  I put my old Jelco cable.. nothing special.  Then I put in an Audio Sensibility Silver statement... and now there is something different to hear.  On Paul Simon's Graceland, accompanying vocals became more defined.  Bill Evan's "Alone" piano gained a nice (and realistic) sparkle that many recordings miss. 
I have their copper cable, and the silver seems like a nice improvement in some key areas.  Ohno continuous cast, cryoed, and burned in for about $300

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:29:41 PM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Phono cables...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
I've been listening to a few phono cables today.   A friend loaned me his Audioquest with their 72V magical force field.. eh, ok.  I put my old Jelco cable.. nothing special.  Then I put in an Audio Sensibility Silver statement... and now there is something different to hear.  On Paul Simon's Graceland, accompanying vocals became more defined.  Bill Evan's "Alone" piano gained a nice (and realistic) sparkle that many recordings miss. 
I have their copper cable, and the silver seems like a nice improvement in some key areas.  Ohno continuous cast, cryoed, and burned in for about $300

https://audiosensibility.com/blog/
:thumb:

Awesome and reasonably priced!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 07:30:13 AM »
I'd give them a try, but there are no silver cables for $300, $470 is cheapest. Do you have another source?
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:00:32 AM »
I'd give them a try, but there are no silver cables for $300, $470 is cheapest. Do you have another source?
That $470 is Canadian, and they have a temporary 13% sale on top of that.  When I bought, the exchange rate put my order in at about $305 USD.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:02:30 AM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
  I use a silver Crystal Cable for phono and arm wiring. Then TWL Spirit to preamp from phono. Never thought I would like silver til I tried.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 11:33:06 AM »
The present exchange rate is .755 which makes that cable $308.75 USD with the added 13% discount...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 03:22:08 AM »
That $470 is Canadian, and they have a temporary 13% sale on top of that.  When I bought, the exchange rate put my order in at about $305 USD.

Ahhh, Canadian, I missed that simple fact, thanks for the 'heads-up'.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 06:16:51 AM »
  I use a silver Crystal Cable for phono and arm wiring. Then TWL Spirit to preamp from phono. Never thought I would like silver til I tried.

charles

I also use TWL Spirit II. TT to phono pre/phono pre to pre

Don P
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS