Author Topic: Negative Ion Generator.  (Read 20994 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Negative Ion Generator.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 07:27:34 AM »
OK first off the spelling is Shumann. It appears several rags have given awards for the Acoustic revive resonator. 6 Moons, Stero times and others. It appears the device projects a resonance of 7.83 Hz. Which is said to be the resonance of the Earth and life. Adjusting and settleing of magnetic fieldsaround us. Improves the viscosity of the air. Eliminates standing waves. It also has a calming affect to us humans. Allowing us to relax an get into the music. We all know how moods affect our listening experience. It is also said that it affects the moleccular structure of our cells in a good way.. No wonder everyone is a bit nuts nowadays. I used to blame it on the digital age with all the EMI, RFI, MIcro waves out there. Maybe I was right all along . Who knew. The science is that the earths frequency of 7.83 Hz is being thrown off by the offending RFI, EMI all around us, creating a bit of havoc with our Karma and well being. HMMMMMM!
    Scientifically it makes a lot of sense. Recording studios, music schools use the device to good affect. The price is a bit high for what it is but the affect IMO is worth a try.
    Now the Ion generator is a DIFFERENT device than the Shumann Resonator. I will state that when I'm in the listening room nowadays it is just a more relaxing experience. It also appears to clear the air and allow the music to flow through the air as a veil was lifted. There is more of a live feeling to the music. It is the clarity of it all that has taken me. The inflections of the real sound that makes your brain think it is live. You know what I mean.
   This is NOT my imagination or fan boy recco. Even my Wife the non audiophile of the year Queen noticed a difference for the good. " The voice is so clear its errie" " I was starteled when the music came on when I went to do the laundry, I thought there wassomeone in the basment"  OK I'm in. My wife rarely makes a comment on the sound. Last time was I got the Pipedreams. Anyway the music sounds better to us. Even its a placebo the music is better.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »
Just so I get this right; both of these devices emmit a frequency said to be that which is the earth's, and in some way restore some sonic harmony?

No one doed Ion generation [ Ion Generator] the other produces a 7.83 Hz resonance in your room. The 7.83 resonance is what is the resonance of our planet. Thia is the resonance of life. our bodiesare tuned to this frequency. When the frequency is disturbed by outside RFI and EMI our frequency is affected. The natural calming affect is disrupted. The Shumann resonator calms or manages the magnetic fields in ones room. Where as the Ion generator projects negative ions into the room cleaning the air and viscosity of such.
   Now the conspiricy thingie. It appears to me that another breakthrough in science has been found and the powers to be are surpressing its value. It just amazes me that when something found out in science that is NOT patentable its all bullshit . BULLSHIT! Now its even more interesting to me.

charles

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
Charles,

It seems that at least according to one salt crystal company, in addition to giving off negative ions, the salt crystals also oscillate at the Schumann resonance frequency.

"it is most likely that the artificial frequencies can be harmonized or balanced by the lit salt lamp as it works as a natural amplifier for the resonant frequency of 8-10 cycles per second, which is so necessary for our life. With the use of a salt crystal lamp we can adjust and neutralize electromagnetic wavelengths caused by electronic devices in a natural way." 

http://www.naturalsaltcrystallamps.com/how-salt-lamps-work.html

I guess the real question is what is the magnitude of the output of the salt crystal as compared to the electronically driven generator and would that difference be materially different to us when used in the context of an audio system.

I was interested to see Robins comment about the placement requirements for the RR 77. I am going to have to experiment with relocating my salt crystal as it currently sits about 3 feet off the ground. More fiddling.... Hey at least this tweaking session won't cost me any money.   :D

Have fun at Pete's. I'll be thinking of you guys as I am freezing my buns off officiating hockey games all afternoon.  :mrgreen:

Tom

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »
Charles,

It seems that at least according to one salt crystal company, in addition to giving off negative ions, the salt crystals also oscillate at the Schumann resonance frequency.

"it is most likely that the artificial frequencies can be harmonized or balanced by the lit salt lamp as it works as a natural amplifier for the resonant frequency of 8-10 cycles per second, which is so necessary for our life. With the use of a salt crystal lamp we can adjust and neutralize electromagnetic wavelengths caused by electronic devices in a natural way." 

http://www.naturalsaltcrystallamps.com/how-salt-lamps-work.html

I guess the real question is what is the magnitude of the output of the salt crystal as compared to the electronically driven generator and would that difference be materially different to us when used in the context of an audio system.

I was interested to see Robins comment about the placement requirements for the RR 77. I am going to have to experiment with relocating my salt crystal as it currently sits about 3 feet off the ground. More fiddling.... Hey at least this tweaking session won't cost me any money.   :D

Have fun at Pete's. I'll be thinking of you guys as I am freezing my buns off officiating hockey games all afternoon.  :mrgreen:

Tom

Arghaaaaa! Very interesting. I know nothing. German science and research. Hmmmm!

charles

Offline tmazz

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »
I'm getting so deep into audio voodoo that I may have to hang a few shrunken heads in the mancave! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
Shrunken Heads...?!?

:shock:   :o   :-s   8-[   :shock:

What's next, ancient tribal chants?
http://www.last.fm/music/Blue+Swede/_/Hooked+on+a+Feeling

Start passing out the spears and loin-cloths!

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
OHMMMMMMMM OHMMMMMMMMMMMM OHMMMMMMMMM doo lang doolang. Now all sing along. BTW the heads have wonderfull difussion affects. Maybe its the ones with some hair still left in place.

charles

Offline tmazz

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »
Ooga-Chucka, Ooga-Chucka,Ooga, Ooga, Ooga-Chucka.... (Next time we get together remind me to tell you the story about me playing that song on the air @ WTHE)

Anyway, if it help make our system sound better, I don't think that there is a single one of us who wouldn't spend a few minutes chanting and dancing around our  systems before we sat down for a listening session. I know I have no pride any more.  [-(

And speaking of preparations for listening, check out the attached file. It is a scan of the first page of the owners manual from the Moscode 600. Give a quick read to the section called "Preparation." Harvey Rosenberg may have been a genius when it came to tube designs, but ol' Gizmo was definitely a few bricks short of a full load (My kind of people  :thumb:, may he rest in peace.  :( )

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
Oh brother!

Did the page before that say anything about Harvey preparing himself by smoking something other than "Lucky Strikes" before putting pen to paper and writing that drivel on what to do before unpacking your Moscode 600 amplifier?

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

philotechnic

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
I tried the Acoustic Revive RR 77  - it didn't work for me.
Apparently the power output is on the puny side and doesn't work for everyone, one option is to use a different psu like satfrat.

The other option is the Earthsafe Whole House

http://www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

Which I keep threatening to try one day......

shep

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 03:36:25 AM »
That earthsafe house thing would seem to be the way to go. It looks like a more serious piece of kit and costs less. I am drawn to this for some reason, even though I avoid most tweaks like this (going way back to the Peter Belt stuff) It makes some kind of good sense. A look thru their site suggests it is playing to the seriously paranoid..who for all I know may be right. I guess I'm lucky to be living in the far reaches of nowhere. Well yes we have cell phone towers here and there but otherwise not inundated with brain-eating frequencies.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:47:11 AM by shep »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »
I tried the Acoustic Revive RR 77  - it didn't work for me.
Apparently the power output is on the puny side and doesn't work for everyone, one option is to use a different psu like satfrat.

The other option is the Earthsafe Whole House

http://www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

Which I keep threatening to try one day......

Looks interesting. Price is right. My buddy who owns the RR77 reports an improvement with a more powerfull power supply as well. Even the powercord.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »
   Yesterday I had the opportunity to hear what the Acoustic revive R-77 does compared to the lamp. At first we listened with just the lamp. Then turned it off. The result was immediate the soundstage moved forward [ lost depth] and the images were smaller. OK it works.
  Now Using one R-77 compared to the lamp was no contest. The effect was quite obvious and improved the ability to hear deep into the music with the room of therecording in full evidence. We then added the other R-77 and I tell ya men never in all my years of listening has a device added so much of a feel for being there. The there is transported to your room.
  The R-77s used a new power supply from Taiwan which provides more of what the R-77 does. Quite amazing. Who would have thought that a powercord would make a difference, WRONG. The latest PS Audio cords were used to wonderful affect. When he installed the new cord also from Tiawan the result again was mind boggling. The cord has custom Ebony plugs, gold plated IEC connectors and flexible  a drain wire and sounds great. Compared to the Omega Mikro my reference [ not any more] was embarrassed by this cord on my CDP. Yes embarrassed. The cord retails for under $250. Well executed build and the results were an improvement in every area. I ordered one.
  So in the end the lamps are affective however to a lessor degree. More lamps ? or R-77s. hard to say since we only had one lamp so who knows. My bet multiple R-77s with upgraded power supply and cord.
  It was difficult to listen last evening after our experience, it sounded Hi Fi compared to the difference the R-77s brought, never have I felt or anyone else for that matter that my sound was anything close to sounding Hi Fi. NEVER. In comparison it does now. F%^$#(*^^%)((*! . Saving my pennies for [4] units minimum two for now. This is not an inexpensive improvement however  worth every penny IMO. Every penny.

charles

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »
Guess it's not just me, hea Charles.  8) I leave mine on all the time, no reason to really turn it off. But for what these things cost inc/upgraded power supply and a long power cord, I'm 1 and done myself. Afterall , Aussie & I gotta eat. :lol:

Hope to hear more from ya Charles as your RR-77 stock grows in quanity.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
Charles,  4 RR-77s?  Seriously ... in the same room?

Anyone heard anything about this?  http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accstwek&1270122671&/Sw1---RR-77-Schumann-Resonance