Author Topic: Diffusers and room treatment  (Read 6286 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Diffusers and room treatment
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »
GIK and Auralex both make 2'x2' drop in ceiling diffusers. Is anyone better than the other? Are there other brands I should consider? This is the first time I am doing room treatment. Thanks.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Diffusers and room treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:26:13 AM »
If you're referring to the Auralex T-Fusors, they're a very good design.  Ours are a little different in that they are a standard QRD type of design that each has 2 mirror imaged diffusers.

Which is better?  They're just different (and at a considerably different price point.)

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
If you're referring to the Auralex T-Fusors, they're a very good design.  Ours are a little different in that they are a standard QRD type of design that each has 2 mirror imaged diffusers.

Which is better?  They're just different (and at a considerably different price point.)

Bryan

Yes, the Auralex run between $60-65 ea and yours I can get a box of four as low as $200
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:24:46 AM »
  My choice would be GIK. Affective and good looking.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
  My choice would be GIK. Affective and good looking.

charles

Plus they're cheaper  :thumb:

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 11:51:20 AM »
Not trying to derail the thread, but with my system just about complete  I feel I need to address this topic next.

Is there a good primer on understanding room treatments?

Now..... back to the regularly scheduled thread.

G.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »
Not trying to derail the thread, but with my system just about complete  I feel I need to address this topic next.

Is there a good primer on understanding room treatments?

Now..... back to the regularly scheduled thread.

G.
Very nice one here http://www.gikacoustics.com/education.html
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."