Author Topic: Speaker Lust  (Read 13322 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Speaker Lust
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 07:49:45 AM »

I like the GTA however my concern is the copper ribbon and wire used for panel may oxidize. I could be wrong they may be coated copper. Hope so

charles

Have no concerns Charles...You could be wrong... and you are.
Greg

Coated or not?   Do they oxidize ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 11:56:11 AM »
Golden Ear Triton Five..

Very interesting. Another Sandy Gross company.  :thumb:

Although I'm not fond of D'Appolito arrays, the air motion tweeter will probably overcome my resistance.

Audio Breakthroughs in Manhasset is also a dealer. I owe them a visit I will now definitely make the next time I'm up.

Bob what speakers are you using these days?
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
I'm not good at copying and replying to other posts, but I can say that the Spatial Audio speakers were among the top 5 rooms I enjoyed at RMAF 2015. No in your face detail, with plenty of meat on the bones presentation. Prana Fidelity was tops in my enjoyment.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 06:18:27 PM »
The GR-Research Singularity open baffle speakers.  Sounded great at Danny's place in May. Sadly, no more BG drivers to build them are available, so a one of a kind system. 

Was very cool to hear them with the dspMusik digital crossover system that I setup to work with them and the MS-2 Music Server I brought for the listening besides the MAC Mini in Danny's system. 

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »
The GR-Research Singularity open baffle speakers.  Sounded great at Danny's place in May. Sadly, no more BG drivers to build them are available, so a one of a kind system. 

Was very cool to hear them with the dspMusik digital crossover system that I setup to work with them and the MS-2 Music Server I brought for the listening besides the MAC Mini in Danny's system. 

Very cool!!  8)

No doubt Danny will come up with something even better before long. I see the OB triple servos too.  :thumb:

Is that you in the pic, Rich?

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »
Rich,
No, that is S Clark.  I took the picture.

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »
Golden Ear Triton Five..

Very interesting. Another Sandy Gross company.  :thumb:

Although I'm not fond of D'Appolito arrays, the air motion tweeter will probably overcome my resistance.

Audio Breakthroughs in Manhasset is also a dealer. I owe them a visit I will now definitely make the next time I'm up.

Bob what speakers are you using these days?

I'm still using the Aural Acoustics Model Bs. And I still really like them. First order crossover, time aligned & phase coherent speakers still just sound right to me (as long as they don't have metal tweeters   :lol: ), even with their limitations.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:54:37 PM by rpf »
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 10:22:58 AM »

I like the GTA however my concern is the copper ribbon and wire used for panel may oxidize. I could be wrong they may be coated copper. Hope so

charles

Have no concerns Charles...You could be wrong... and you are.
Greg

Coated or not?   Do they oxidize ?

charles

Spoke to Greg from GTA he stated they re coated and will not oxidize.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.