Author Topic: G2G in March?  (Read 23341 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: G2G in March?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »
I'm home too!

Tim, thanks to you and your bride, for allowing us to 'invade' your nice home. I like your audio room...I wish I had your room width.

I did almost no listening, but had a great time catching up with the guys that I haven't seen for awhile. We'll have to G2G sooner  :?.

I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
Awesome time! thanks for making this happen, Tim... it'd been too long since seeing you and for all of us getting together. I had a blast catching up with everyone! :) 

Glad we could pick up where we left off.  It was nice to get schooled in pool again... I'd forgotten how to play... Great fun, marvelous food, too!  I might have to get myself one of them big green eggs.  :thumb:

I only got to listen for a short while when Bela Fleck was on but I liked the potential of the room and system.  I think you've got a fun project ahead figuring out the 2-channel setup.  I would still try playing with the toe-in on the NHT's just to see if it really causes a problem.. who knows, right?

You are welcome to borrow a couple of panels sometime, just let me know.  I don't get as much time in my room as I'd like.  However, I do look forward to the next G2G I have... should be a real hum-dinger of a DAC-off. ;)

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

djdube525

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »
I might have to get myself one of them big green eggs.  :thumb:

Oh... son of a gun! I left way too early. I didn't realize Tim had a big green egg. That's been toying with the idea of getting one of those for several years now.

Tim... thank you so much for your generous hospitality! I wish I could have stayed longer, but husbandly duties called.

It was nice catching up with everyone!

jianghai

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
Thanks again to Tim for hosting, and for all that great-tasting food. Was great to meet everyone, look forward to more to come.

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:07 AM »
Thanks to all who attended, and special thanks to Shane and his back for lugging up the AMR 777 stack. In retrospect, wish I'd done a little more listening once they was inserted - really made a profound change in tone and character. But after so much time away, my priority was just catching up with the regulars, and getting to meet a couple newer folks.  Will be looking forward to the Dac-off at Carl's and the unveiling of the Econowaves.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »
I had a great time.  Many, many, many thanks to Tim for hosting us. 

That AMR AM-77.1 amp is not light to carry all the way to the truck down the street :) hehehe  how I wish at that moment that it was the little 777 variant :)  I did like how much the tone changed when we swapped it in....  made those NHTs listenable ;) hehehe

You've got a great space, Tim.  I especially liked the pool table.  I'm a sucker for one of those :)  I only wish I had a multi-purpose room like that... the width was awesome and nice high ceilings as well... A little bit of treatment in the room and you're going to be golden....  I'm envious....

It was great to see folks again... this was probably the least amount of listening we've ever done at an audio get together :)  We listened while we played pool and ate some awesome food.  You've set the bar pretty high for future get-togethers, Tim... tasty smoked meat > me ordering pizzas when I have folks over here :)  I say that even with the spicy rub on the meat leaving me sweating and my mouth on fire even the next day :)

Next up is the listening session of the Econowave speakers Rich is getting really close to finishing for first listen and a DAC get together at Carls....  here's hoping I'll be permitted to sneak away long enough to attend both :)

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline stereofool

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »
Nice shots, Steve!  Thanks a million.  I always get about 10 minutes on the road before realizing I forgot my camera...  :duh
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 06:20:35 AM »
Damn, I am so sorry I had to miss this g2g... daughter home from school and prior evening plans.  But that is ONE AWESOME ROOM!  What I'd give to have that space, HT setup *and* pool table. That' my ideal man-cave.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! :beer: