Author Topic: Need a power conditioner maven  (Read 30518 times)

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Re: Need a power conditioner maven
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »
Dave...? yeah Dave. Dave's not here.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2015, 09:41:36 AM »
Somebody should send me one of these Uberbusses to try out. It's got to be in 240V though. I wouldn't deliver a limp 120 to my system and call it a stereo. Same way i would not stand in front of my wife limp asking to get down and dirty.  :D  :thumb:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:43:17 AM by Werd »
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:14 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I think this is going to be fun again.  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »
Dave...? yeah Dave. Dave's not here.
I was, but now out to the shop >>>>>>>>>>>
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Werd

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2015, 10:34:50 AM »
This is the kind of power delivery i expect or it gets boxed and sent back. https://vimeo.com/4366695

Also no nickel plated copper to the outlets or anywhere.

Good Talk!

haha welcome aboard  :thumb:
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »
Somebody should send me one of these Uberbusses to try out. It's got to be in 240V though. I wouldn't deliver a limp 120 to my system and call it a stereo. Same way i would not stand in front of my wife limp asking to get down and dirty.  :D  :thumb:

Werd,

I must admit, you have a way with "Werds" ba dum!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »
This is the kind of power delivery i expect or it gets boxed and sent back. https://vimeo.com/4366695

Also no nickel plated copper to the outlets or anywhere.

Good Talk!

haha welcome aboard  :thumb:
I get it.  Instantaneous and plentiful power with no current limiting other than that inherent in the I/O.

Nickel just sounds bad: thin, edgy and harsh depending upon the resolution of the system.

I chose the P&S 5362A for its mostly brass construction.  They come with steel joining pins in the back.  I pull those and replace them with 6-32x1" brass screws. This leaves the 10-32 neutral crews which I will replace upon request.  One other tweak to the standard receptacle is an option to polish the existing contacts.  All of his makes a killer low cost ($60.00) receptacle.  Cryogenically elated, of course.