Author Topic: Tidal  (Read 11391 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Tidal
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 10:27:04 AM »
From what I've heard they've got 30 million+ tracks and growing. They have the three big distributors which means anything pop/rock/jazz that's currently published. Classical and weird stuff maybe not, but if there are others who want to hear it too then it should be on there.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 03:49:51 PM »
I have a trial subscription of Tidal because I bought an Auralic Mini. I am impressed with Tidal. I was playing Smokey Robinson the other night, then the Beatles, Byrds. It's fun to do a search and see what's available. Some of the older stuff is a bit hard and edgy, but it's still very enjoyable. My dac tells me that 44.1 is being played.
Way cheaper than buying CDs 👍
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
After I started using Roon, I was able to snag another 3 month free trial of Tidal.  Roon + Tidal = Awesome!   I love the integration Roon has done with Tidal.  It makes Tidal simply an extension of your own music library with all the Roon tools at your disposal.

Sadly, my Tidal trial came to an end recently.  I thought I could do without the $20/month fee but I am finding myself missing it.  I'm thinking of going back to school just to get the student discount  :rofl: