Author Topic: Are you Obsessed?  (Read 12164 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Are you Obsessed?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
  The Obsession is a wonderful PC. Personally I feel a waste for the Uber. I would try the 7+ feeding Uber  [ we have had great results at home and shows ] and Obsession for components. Especially the amp or preamp. Digital Americans for digital or HO for digital.

Give it a try.

charles
I agree with Charles on the 7+ being the best cable to supply the UberBUSS.  The design criteria for the Uber was to create as neutral as possible, low impedance, low noise high current system supplies as possible.  The 7+ is also that voice.  Put the two together and the result is a stable supply of system power that can be sculpted after the fact to match components to the supply as well as each other.  The Obsession is stunning.  Putting it in front of the Uber "may" kill a bit of the magic that that cable has in spades.  My experience as well as many of my customers is: 7+ > UberBUSS > Obsession > everything else  + killer real.
Now ya tell me  :roll:
Well, gosh.  I didn't know what all you had on order or how you planned to use the cables.  You told me had an Obsession on order, but I didn't know where it would end up.  Bottom line is the Obsession will sound awesome in any position.  Your system does sound awesome, huh?!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:33:53 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 12:03:03 AM »
Well, speaking of obsessions...... I just bought an ice 1200as stereo amp and it’ll take a while to get here from the east coast. I’ve been wanting to try one and the opportunity arose today. I am at least the third forum member to own one  :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:07:58 AM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 02:08:12 AM »
Well, speaking of obsessions...... I just bought an ice 1200as stereo amp and it’ll take a while to get here from the east coast. I’ve been wanting to try one and the opportunity arose today. I am at least the third forum member to own one  :thumb:

Now you’ve done. You’re in big trouble now.

I may actually get to hear the one that Gregfisk is babysitting for me sometime next week.
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
  The Obsession is a wonderful PC. Personally I feel a waste for the Uber. I would try the 7+ feeding Uber  [ we have had great results at home and shows ] and Obsession for components. Especially the amp or preamp. Digital Americans for digital or HO for digital.

Give it a try.

charles
I agree with Charles on the 7+ being the best cable to supply the UberBUSS.  The design criteria for the Uber was to create as neutral as possible, low impedance, low noise high current system supplies as possible.  The 7+ is also that voice.  Put the two together and the result is a stable supply of system power that can be sculpted after the fact to match components to the supply as well as each other.  The Obsession is stunning.  Putting it in front of the Uber "may" kill a bit of the magic that that cable has in spades.  My experience as well as many of my customers is: 7+ > UberBUSS > Obsession > everything else  + killer real.
Well, gosh.  I didn't know what all you had on order or how you planned to use the cables.  You told me had an Obsession on order, but I didn't know where it would end up.  Bottom line is the Obsession will sound awesome in any position.  Your system does sound awesome, huh?!

Just pokin' at ya. See post http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=6724.msg85436#msg85436

Yes, system sounds good, but some new speakers are in the house now too, Focal Sopra No 2's.
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 06:19:47 AM »
Focal Sopra No 2s....
http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016/8/7/focal-sopra-2-loudspeaker
Congratulations, Tom, and pls let us know what you think
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
  Well then Obsession cords through out then oh my !!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
The NCF outlets take 400 hours to sound their best. I almost gave up with the hardness and Hi Fi sound. Not any more. This break in shit is getting annoying as I use MOS tubes. For that kind of money they should be burned in at factory.
I have broken in more gear, outlets, power conditioners than most as a Beta tester and Audiophile. Thousands of hours to date while listening has taught me everything takes a minimum of 200 hours and most likely 400 to 500 for components and conditioners.
Give it a try.

charles

Why use your tube gear to drive the break in. I would think if you are just breaking in the outlets you could do so with a solid state amp that won't use up tube time on you. And for that matter does it really need to be an audio component at all Couldn't you just plug in a lamp into the outlets and run current trough them.

Do you really need to us audio components to break in a piece of power gear in the first place or would any drain do. What do the power gurus think about this?
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

Give it a try.

charles

Just pokin' at ya. See post http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=6724.msg85436#msg85436

Yes, system sounds good, but some new speakers are in the house now too, Focal Sopra No 2's.
I remember the post, Tom.  I pretty much knew it was a poke, but with some my recent experiences I wanted to make sure.

I'll be very interested in your appraisal of the Focals, especially compared to the M2's.  Let us know :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe