Author Topic: Measurements and Voicing  (Read 6290 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Measurements and Voicing
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »
Somebody online stated that 'voicing is a band aid for an improper design'.

I can guess who the "somebody" is, or maybe a few gentlemen on other forums Jim.

Some of those guys hype themselves while understanding virtually nothing about electronics, physics, or phycho- acoustics. As such, they are very close to being crooks by misrepresenting themselves.

They either work for audio companies, own a company, are affiliated with certain companies etc.
There are conflicts of interest. The important thing is to not buy into their false claims.
Ignore them. Get the word out.

cheers

steve
Or they own the forum... Several of those around.  :roll:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:30:06 AM »
  Doug I would love the opportunity to let you hear state of the art digital in your system. The Art DIO is VG however much advanced digital out there.
  I do love the routine of playing LPs and enjoy their sound. Today its a much closer call the CD/LP thing. Both have an advantage over the other. For years iIwould lecture about vinyls superior sonics over CD. As time went on the advancement in digital just kept getting closer to vinyl.
  It was not until I bought a state of the art digital front end to match the analog in my system. Now both are just wonderful again with vinyl being a tad more 3D and rounder and CD more transparent and dynamic.
  Love both formats however feel in the very near future digital will be better overall.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »
   Doug that is the issue no under 1K or even 2K DAC will do. They just do not stack up compared to say an Aqua, DCS, MSB DAC but they will cost ya. At least the Aqua is modular and future proof.
   Anyway love both formats any way ya slice it. Enjoy !!!! Actually running a mono and stereo TT. Loving the mono Jazz.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 10:00:17 AM »
  Where are ya located ? I understand your point. The Innuos Zen Mini especially with outboard power supply is a Kaboom for the buck product. We just cannot keep them in stock. Yes the Schiit is getting some notice. However I prefer ladder DACs to chips. I find most to be bright and over detailed. However have not heard Schitt so cannot comment on performance.
 What tunas you have there that need a new home ??

charles
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:05:22 AM by rollo »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
  Doug my apologies thought you another Doug my bad. Was unaware that was a ladder DAC, stand corrected.

charles

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 08:11:35 PM »
  Where are ya located ? I understand your point. The Innuos Zen Mini especially with outboard power supply is a Kaboom for the buck product. We just cannot keep them in stock. Yes the Schiit is getting some notice. However I prefer ladder DACs to chips. I find most to be bright and over detailed. However have not heard Schitt so cannot comment on performance.
 What tunas you have there that need a new home ??

charles

I was given a mode 2 DAC and have been testing it Charles. The mode 2 is somewhat bass heavy, but not nearly as bass heavy as the dragon fly. I am in the process of modifying the mode 2, with very nice success. I don't know about the mode 3, as from what I have heard it has a redesigned power supply.

cheers

steve
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:23:35 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers