Author Topic: February Meeting Notice  (Read 5979 times)

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
February Meeting Notice
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
The February Meeting will be held at the Massapequa home of Steve Rabitz on Friday the 26th.  Since the last meeting Steve’s system has undergone significant and substantial changes.

Steve has replaced the SI300 subwoofer system with the current SI600 reference servo open baffle subwoofers. The subwoofers are an all out assault on the state of the art. Specifically the subs feature six 12-inch drivers per side, housed in an open baffle cabinet, each powered by a 1600 watt servo amplifier.

The balance of the system consists of BG rRadia Corporation 880 planar magnetic speakers driven by Pass labs XA 60.8 monoblock amplifiers.  An Esoteric K01X SACD player handles all optical discs and utilizes it's asynchronous USB input for communicating with Steve’s laptop for computer generated audio. Steve promises that the computer audio will completely blow your mind.

A Coincident Technology Statement line stage with upgraded Psvane Western Electric 101D replica tubes drives the amps.  Cabling throughout the system is provided by Triode Wire Labs.  The system has been upgraded with a dedicated 220V AC line feeding a Richard Gray balanced transformer modified by Triode Pete.  The modified transformer feeds a new Synergistic Research UEF Power Cell.

The crossover for the 880 Radia’s has been completely overhauled featuring new Duelund Inductors, cast copper Jupiter capacitors and Path Audio copper resistors featuring a newly devised EMI RFI grounding system.  :drool:

Doors open at 7:30 with the formal meeting starting around 8:00.

Offline atmer

Re: February Meeting Notice
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »
Hi All,

I wanted to take a moment to thank Steve for hosting this past Fridays meeting at his home and also his generous hospitality.
I quite enjoyed hearing, seeing his impressive sound system, very transparent & dynamic.

I'd also like to extend a thank you to Charles and the rest of the membership for introducing themselves and making me feel quite welcome as a first time attendee.

Thanks again & I look forward to attending upcoming meetings.

John

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 08:31:22 AM »
Hi All,

I wanted to take a moment to thank Steve for hosting this past Fridays meeting at his home and also his generous hospitality.
I quite enjoyed hearing, seeing his impressive sound system, very transparent & dynamic.

I'd also like to extend a thank you to Charles and the rest of the membership for introducing themselves and making me feel quite welcome as a first time attendee.

John

It was nice to meet you John! Welcome to the Syndrome!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
Hi All,

John

I unfortunately was unable to make the meeting last Friday. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Welcome to the Syndrome and here at AN. Hope to catch up with you at a future meting.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:51:37 PM »
Hi All,

John

I unfortunately was unable to make the meeting last Friday. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Welcome to the Syndrome and here at AN. Hope to catch up with you at a future meting.

Tom

+1 :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:12:22 AM »
Welcome John, now that you are a member you will hear the pressure to host a meeting some day, like the rest of us get from Mr President occasionally :thumb:

Then again, some of us don't have the space for that large a crowd, so we have private mini meetings from time to time with a handful of members/friends. Let me know if you want to come down to Massapequa again someday and I can get a few guys together at my place.

Bob

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:14:43 AM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline atmer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome and will take you up on your offer for a mini meeting in the near future.

John

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »
  Hey John loved having you there. hope to see you again. steve good food nice sound oh my !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.