Author Topic: good results with sophia electric  (Read 2896 times)

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
good results with sophia electric
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
I've had my Cary AE3 MkII preamplifier now for a few years now. I've been quite happy with the sonics of the stock Chinese 6SN7 tubes. Mostly sweet sounding with good tone and staging.

I recently took advantage of a black Friday special for Sophia Electric's large bottle variation and bought a pair to try out.

Well consider me quite impressed! The sound has become more full and robust. A bit more brightly lit but none of the stridency I got with the old tubes on some recordings. The tones and instruments sound somehow more complex. More resolution I suppose but without any negative side.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: good results with sophia electric
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
    They make a VG product.  Prefer Sophia to Full Music.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: good results with sophia electric
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »
Thanks for the report Chris. I have heard good things about Sophia 6sn7 also.   Most of the Chinese tubes are a little more clear than the vintage favorites, I like that extra edge, as long as it is just clean and not exaggerated.