Author Topic: Slim Server Display  (Read 3844 times)

Black Sand Cable

Slim Server Display
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »
This is probably a stupid question but in Slim Server when something is playing the play list is displayed on the right (Now Playing) and the album information if selected is on the left.

How do you get the left window to update when the song changes? As it stands now when I click on the album in the playlist window it brings up the album cover etc but when the song changes to a different album the left window isn't showing what is playing it remains on the album I previously clicked on.  :wtf:

I have never really played around with Slim Server. I just installed it and let it run.....and this seems odd that the left window doesn't keep up with the right.

I have attached a picture of what I mean. If you look on the right Gamma Ray is actually playing but the information for the last album I listened to is being displayed. (It's there because I clicked on the album info when it was playing)

.....and yes as you can see from my playlist, I'm a 40 year old metal head!  :D  :beer:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Slim Server Display
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
Did you try Server Settings/Interface/Browser refresh rate? It appears on mine that it is only refreshing the right hand pane. Try an F5 to manually force whole screen refresh, to see if it is Windows or slimserver. If it stays the same slim is not updating the left pane.

Maybe have look through the 3rd party plugins?

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:54:22 AM »
AFAIK, the left one won't change.  If it did, you'd be awfully frustrated trying to browse and add to the now playing playlist as every time a song finished, you'd lose your spot.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
That's just it, I don't add to the list. I have several pre-made lists that I play all the time and when it's up and playing, I never touch it or add to it. That is why I would like the left pane to keep up with the right pane. Showing me what I may have clicked on an hour ago makes no sense to me.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
There may be a plugin or skin that will adress that.  I'm just identifying why it doesn't do what you ask.

When we have get-togethers, the left is always up with someone browsing and adding what they want to hear to the currently playing list. 

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley