Author Topic: Burson Buffer Experience with Squeezebox  (Read 9154 times)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Burson Buffer Experience with Squeezebox
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 04:02:54 AM »
And just for giggles, try the SB3 again direct to the amp but with the buffer in between.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

ebag4

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 10:30:49 AM »
Thanks for the response John.  No hurry on the comparison, just curious as to the differences between the two.  I have the Burson and was using it with my RWA analog modded SB3 (which included the opamp), I have since had Wayne do the enthusiast mod with th VH cap bypass instead of the Sonicap Platinum to my SB3.  I have about 200hrs on the mod and it is still doing a bit of Jeckell and Hyde act although less of the Hyde recently. I will pst my impressions once it has about 800 hrs on it.  The mod is a nice upgrade so far, can't wait to hear it once fully burned in.

Best,
Ed

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »
I'm at about 350 hrs on mine now and it's starting to settle down nicely. 

Bryan

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »
Just got word from Wayne that I will definitely have an Ultimate PS and 99% sure I'll have the modded Burson for RMAF.   :beer: :clap:

A friend of mine brought over his ACI Sapphires last night and I got to listen to the RMAF system in my own room.  Y'all definitely need to stop by.  I have always been fond of the Sapphires but never had the chance to hear them in my room with my system. 

All I'll say is that they just went to the top of my list for my new system upstairs if I decide to go with a sat/sub setup.  I can only expect so much of them.  In my 17x21x8 room they had plenty of bottom end and punch.  The room upstairs is just too big to expect them to do though.

Bryan