Author Topic: New old horns  (Read 11900 times)

inguz

New old horns
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
Here's my latest:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hughpyle/567197803/

Klipschorn bass bin; JBL 2350 mid horn, with JBL 2470 drivers; Crites CT125 tweeters; passive biamped with stock AK-3 crossovers (400Hz, 6kHz).

They sound pretty good.  The mid horn goes higher, and is more sensitive, than the Klispch unit, so it's a bit bright on the top end; but I'll tame that with some DSP.

Measurements to follow when I have time...

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: New old horns
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:10:44 AM »
Interesting... I have a cursory knowledge of horns but that won't stop me from commenting. ;) ... The only ones I've owned were Klipsch kg series 10-15 years ago.  I had 2 pair, 1.5's and 3's I think... One set were huge and the others were MH?M design.

I've seen huge systems in RMAF photos and hopefully will get to that show this year... And the date of it just happens to coincide with moving into our new house... sigh. 

I found DSP doesn't necessarily fix brightness so much as tame it... If the tweets are over-attenuated, it'll never sound 'right' (in my experience)... You'll have to check your resistors to make sure they aren't getting too much power... maybe?

Best of luck,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

miklorsmith

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:12 AM »
Cool Hugh!  Can't wait to hear more.

Offline Bemopti123

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »
That horn set up looks smashing.  Do you have any plans of how the woofer was implemented?