Author Topic: Duelund Tinned PIO Caps  (Read 4353 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Duelund Tinned PIO Caps
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »
   All the rave at $190 for .1UF. So to transform my Cyber 211 a pair of .1UF and a pair of .47Uf. So over $700.  :duh Jensen silver .1 and copper PIO .47 a mere bargin at over $600. Thinking hard on this one.
Any other suggestions ? .47 is coulping cap to WE 242D and .1 is input cap.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
Re: Duelund Tinned PIO Caps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »
   All the rave at $190 for .1UF. So to transform my Cyber 211 a pair of .1UF and a pair of .47Uf. So over $700.  :duh Jensen silver .1 and copper PIO .47 a mere bargin at over $600. Thinking hard on this one.
Any other suggestions ? .47 is coulping cap to WE 242D and .1 is input cap.

charles

Charles, what is the following resistor to ground for the .1 and the .47uf caps. (Probably grid resistors)

cheers

steve
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
  Not sure of value but grid Steve.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:12:14 AM »

charles

The 0,1uf just seemed small unless it was either for bypass, or the grid resistor is quite large.
Otherwise it seems to be working as a high pass filter, ridding of very low frequency garbage.

cheers and all the best.

steve
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline Tam Lin

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »
I recently replaced the 0.47pf coupling caps in my 300B amps with Duelund tinned copper foil PIO. I was so impressed with the results I quickly replaced all the caps in my Trio crossovers. Money well spent. Now I'm working in the phono stage.
Jon Bokelman

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:50:22 AM »
  Hi Tam. Your hooked. Once one uses them all other caps just come up short.   Expensive but IMHO worth every penny spent.  Used for speaker crossovers will make one very happy. Try the CAST or Silver versions.
 For the Analysis planars going from Mundorf silver/gold to Duelund CAST copper inductor, cap and resistor was just heaven. Not for the financially shy but if feasible worth every darn penny and then some. Love my caps.

charles

Offline Tam Lin

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 02:23:58 PM »
Charles,
Compared to the improvement provided by the Duelund caps, how would you rate the effect of the Duelund inductors?
Jon Bokelman

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:02:55 AM »

charles

The 0,1uf just seemed small unless it was either for bypass, or the grid resistor is quite large.
Otherwise it seems to be working as a high pass filter, ridding of very low frequency garbage.

cheers and all the best.

steve

+1 on what Steve said.  Another place I always look is the quality and TCR of the cathode and plate resistors.  Low noise (TCR) resistors in these positions generally produce better SQ.  That is UNLESS they produce the “character” one desires.  Audio is sooo complex sometimes  :duh

My go to resistors are generally PRP, Takman and Mills for the majority of applications.

For digital I/V and other positions the laser trimmed nude Vishays from Texas Components are my personal faves.  They work fabulously in phono stages, too.  TCR of 1ppm!

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 07:37:36 AM »
   Using Takman in those positions. Big difference. The Duelund Inductors are the same deal. My customer uses all Duelund crossover for Analysis Planars. The 35.0 cap is bypassed with Duelund silver bypass . Inductor, Cap and resistor all Duelund CAST copper. Expensive as heck but worth every penny spent IMHO.
Speakers are mated with Lamm gear.

charles