Author Topic: New house  (Read 10796 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: New house
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 03:56:57 AM »
It may be too late...but here is a link to information, which might preclude the need for doulble drywall...as long as the drywall is not up, already.

http://www.acoustiblok.com/products.html
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 05:57:22 AM »
That type of material can certainly work.  Although, another layer of drywall and green glue is actually less expensive and will work better due to the extra mass. 

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

canyoneagle

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »
Bryan - that makes alot of sense.  I love the aquarium comparison  :rofl:

are there any resources you could point me to that might have some construction details and other info about this specific type of work?

Thanks so much,
Michael

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »
I'll PM you my number and we can discuss on the phone.  There's just a ton of different things depending on the situation.

Bryan

canyoneagle

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »
Thanks, Bryan.

I'm also beginning to research the room treatment side of things, and am getting a bit overwhelmed.  Naturally, the bass traps are a no brainer, but I'm trying to figure out what combo of diffusers and absorbers (which type, how many and where).
It seems that the key 90 degree interfaces along the celing would benefit from corner absorbers, with absorbers on the ceiling as well.  Much of what I am reading seems to recommend diffusors on the walls wherever possible in lieu of absorbers.

I've just noticed the DIY diffuser kits from Decware, and love the natural wood look (I prefer natural aesthetics to high tech, given the choice) - does anyone have any experience with them? http://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm

I do have the luxury of time here, so there's plenty of time for more detailed discussion.

Warmly,
Michael

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
Give me a call - 314.477.4963

Bryan

canyoneagle