Author Topic: Graphene from P.I.  (Read 2913 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Graphene from P.I.
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
OK.  Some of you have received the box of P.I. graphene treatment.  Here are basic instructions:

It can be harmful or not quite fatal if swallowed : Don’t.  Duh.

Shake well before use.

You willl notice that the applicators supplied are tiny.  They are so for a reason.  Graphene is best applied sparingly... very sparingly.  Like so many things in audio, less is more. If you can see it on the connector at all, that is all that is needed.  Graphene works best in a one molecule thick application.  Think about this.  In this era of too much is barely enough... don’t go there.  The thinnest application that you can imagine is what we are looking for here.

You will find that the fluid will be drawn by capillary action into the connection.  This is what we want, migration of the graphene bearing fluid into the connection.  That is what makes this fluid work.

Enjoy and report back, please.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: Graphene from P.I.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:39:44 AM »
Thanks, brother!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »
  A double thank you Brother. Received my magic bottle Saturday. Breaking in the new Audio Hungary A15SE mono blocks now. When done I will be dabbing away with my handy dandy swabs and Graphene solution.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
Got my GR*OOP (ha!  love it ;-)  yesterday.  Great packing Dave and a big thank you!  I spent the morning today applying it to every connector in my audio gear I could find.   Unfortunately, I won't get a chance to do any listening until tonight.   I'll be sure to post what I hear once I do.   

Thanks again Dave!

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
Ah, finally found some time to sit and listen to see what improvements, if any, Dave's GR*OOP brings.   I will say that I strive to clean up all contacts and terminations once a year or so.   More frequently would undoubtedly be better but, hey, I can indeed be lazy.  Be that as it may, over the years I've tried a few different things but my go-to has typically been the Caig stuff.   Hearing about what Dave has been up to with graphene, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to try something new.   

I'm not one to discount expectation bias, but to these ears, I heard a big improvement right off the bat.   Clarity and definition within the soundstage just sounds great - like those special but far too infrequent late-night sessions that remind you why you absolutely love this hobby.   I will also add that while voices and instruments all sounded more distinct and detailed within the soundstage, the music just seemed somehow more relaxed and effortless, the opposite of edgy.   I could go on using audiophool terms, but bottom line is that the GR*OOP made for a very nice improvement.  I'll leave it to others to assess how it stacks up to other products and methods, but for me.  this stuff flat-out works.

Nice job Dave!  :thumb:

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »
Oh, Dave....

You got any more of the GR*OOP stuff for sale?  :drool:

Will it improve the blood flow in my left leg, too? :rofl:

Michael
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 06:37:39 AM »
Oh, Dave....

Michael

Given what everybody has been saying about it, this stuff might end up increasing the blood flow to something else as well.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 10:35:31 AM »
Oh, Dave....

Michael
Hi, Mike.  The disclaimer om the label says: "Harmful or Fatal if Swallowed - DON'T"  I don't know about it being applied topically.   :-k

TMAZZ - I dunno...

Yes, there is more for sale.  After I work a few details out with rollo I think he will be my distributor, but until then I be de guy.

Retail is not cheap on this concoction.  The graphene that I settled upon is one of the most expensive to source, but technically is superior to others.  Price is $59.95 + $5.00 shipping in the lower 48.  I got you covered for post to Taiwan, though.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
Ah, finally found some time to sit and listen to see what improvements, if any, Dave's GR*OOP brings.   I will say that I strive to clean up all contacts and terminations once a year or so.   More frequently would undoubtedly be better but, hey, I can indeed be lazy.  Be that as it may, over the years I've tried a few different things but my go-to has typically been the Caig stuff.   Hearing about what Dave has been up to with graphene, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to try something new.   

I'm not one to discount expectation bias, but to these ears, I heard a big improvement right off the bat.   Clarity and definition within the soundstage just sounds great - like those special but far too infrequent late-night sessions that remind you why you absolutely love this hobby.   I will also add that while voices and instruments all sounded more distinct and detailed within the soundstage, the music just seemed somehow more relaxed and effortless, the opposite of edgy.   I could go on using audiophool terms, but bottom line is that the GR*OOP made for a very nice improvement.  I'll leave it to others to assess how it stacks up to other products and methods, but for me.  this stuff flat-out works.

Nice job Dave!  :thumb:
Thanks Mike.  I'm quite pleased with my experience and the feedback that I've been getting.  What you have described is pretty much a carbon copy of what others are hearing.  In addition It seems to get better for a few days like everything else in this nutty audio biz.

It is great on AC plugs, too (apply to the plug, NOT the outlet!).  Same for tube pins.  The whole things is to apply it sparingly.

Enjoy!

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »
Oh, Dave....

Michael
Hi, Mike.  The disclaimer om the label says: "Harmful or Fatal if Swallowed - DON'T"  I don't know about it being applied topically.   :-k

TMAZZ - I dunno...

Yes, there is more for sale.  After I work a few details out with rollo I think he will be my distributor, but until then I be de guy.

Retail is not cheap on this concoction.  The graphene that I settled upon is one of the most expensive to source, but technically is superior to others.  Price is $59.95 + $5.00 shipping in the lower 48.  I got you covered for post to Taiwan, though.

Dave,

Cool. I'll email you to order a bottle. We're back in Oregon till November. Then, we'll fly back to Taiwan for 4 or 5 months. Then, back here again. Rinse. Repeat.

Oh, we'll fly to Colorado in a few days, so an after August 20th delivery works best for me - just in case you were going to rush it to me.

Michael
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS