Author Topic: thinking about selling my analog rig  (Read 11206 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: thinking about selling my analog rig
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 08:41:55 PM »
Doug,
That’s a great website and I bookmarked it. The prices of those arms and others like Rega and Jelco are all quite reasonable. I’ve had my Graham arm with extra armwand since the early 1990s. No clue what I paid for it.
Nick
nick,
re: great site - i suspect you're referring to the adhuntr site, not the esoteric site.  i'd say it's pretty evil, actually!   :rofl:

re: the graham tonearm + extra wand, i suspect it cost a bit more than any of those empires; probably more than any two of them...  ;)

doug s.

It wouldn't surprise me if the extra graham wand alone cost more than one of those Empires.  :roll:

BTW those pictures really brought back memories. I grew up only a few miles away from the Empire factory.

And the now that I think about it the US offices of BIC were only a few moles in another direction and  HQ of the US Thorens distributor was only two blocks from my high school.

Maybe this explains some of my life long obsession with LPs and TTs.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
Doug,
That’s a great website and I bookmarked it. The prices of those arms and others like Rega and Jelco are all quite reasonable. I’ve had my Graham arm with extra armwand since the early 1990s. No clue what I paid for it.
Nick
nick,
re: great site - i suspect you're referring to the adhuntr site, not the esoteric site.  i'd say it's pretty evil, actually!   :rofl:

re: the graham tonearm + extra wand, i suspect it cost a bit more than any of those empires; probably more than any two of them...  ;)

doug s.

It wouldn't surprise me if the extra graham wand alone cost more than one of those Empires.  :roll:

BTW those pictures really brought back memories. I grew up only a few miles away from the Empire factory.

And the now that I think about it the US offices of BIC were only a few moles in another direction and  HQ of the US Thorens distributor was only two blocks from my high school.

Maybe this explains some of my life long obsession with LPs and TTs.  :thumb:

Well, I have spent more than I should on occasion....or even many occasions....and the Graham and Basis fit that category. The extra wand is the ceramic one and I’ve never used it, so who knows if it’s better than the original.
Sure is nice to have such good memories. My buddy and I used to hang out at the now defunct Pacific Stereo stores as well as a few very kind dealers.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2018, 05:41:20 PM »

Well, I have spent more than I should on occasion....or even many occasions....

Haven't we all Nick, haven't we all....... :roll:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables