Author Topic: TWL again...  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: TWL again...
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 08:15:34 AM »
Have gotten my hands on the Spirit II and am most impressed.
Y'all really do need to try them. Mine aren't goin anywhere.

Thanks, Dandy Don!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 07:27:14 PM »
Good onya, mate!  I can't think of any cables that sound better in the context of "real and musical".  There are other cables, most of them for a ton of money that "may be" more attention grabbing in one area or another, but none of them have proven to be as balanced and engaging as the cables that you offer.  I want music.  Yours deliver.  Awesome!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 07:19:14 AM »
Am so impressed with the Spirit II I ordered another set. Guess the subject is right.
Thanks Pete for making products that fit into my system so well.
Only thing I can suggest is more cooker time cause the Spirit II do take some time to come into their own.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »
Am so impressed with the Spirit II I ordered another set. Guess the subject is right.
Only thing I can suggest is more cooker time cause the Spirit II do take some time to come into their own.

Don
Don, it has been my experience that cooking cables is just part of what is required to break them in.  After the Dharma does the heavy lifting it is always necessary to have settling time in the system to fully flesh out the capabilities in any particular application.  In addition I have noticed when a cable is moved to a different position (application) in the system there is a short break-in required to settle down.

Pete builds Great cables!  8)
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »

Don
Don, it has been my experience that cooking cables is just part of what is required to break them in.  After the Dharma does the heavy lifting it is always necessary to have settling time in the system to fully flesh out the capabilities in any particular application.  In addition I have noticed when a cable is moved to a different position (application) in the system there is a short break-in required to settle down.

Pete builds Great cables!  8)

Gents,
Just the coiling & un-coiling of the cables during the shipping process requires the cables to "break-in" again and then "settle" into one's system...

The dielectric needs it the most, me thinks!

My $0.02,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
I was determined to not give up on the Spirit II but man did they take on a number of personality changes breaking in.
Glad I stuck with them. A gentleman told me about a pair of speakers he purchased. Said he was the third owner and they still hadn't been broke in but once they were became just incredible. The first two hadn't even spent the time to break them in before judging and we're not talking cheap speakers either.
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.