Author Topic: Aqua Hi Fi and Rollo Audio  (Read 15727 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Aqua Hi Fi and Rollo Audio
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »
Hey Joe I use the same TWL Digital Americans except my Digibuss is plugged into an Uber. I'm hoping that my gear in and broken-in by then.
    Due to exceptional demand it is back ordered. I will have the La Scala and maybe transport in time by but maybe not the Formula DAC. My reference digital cable is the Mad Scientist HDA+. With the Aqua DAC and transport Aqua loves their I2s connection and supply a custom Supra cable made from Aqua's design.
    I will NOT compare anything without the Aqua gear fully broken in. Not good for the crowd and my product line. Hopefully all will be cool. If not we can enjoy your hospitality and fine sound.
   I have the Vu Jade DAC as well which you are familiar with. As of this writing still a prototype however 95% there just waiting for enclosures.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 06:32:31 PM »
Hopefully, you'll have them and have some time to put hours on them. If not we'll have a nice day just listening to tunes and enjoying the camaraderie. 
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »
Ok Guys I put in for the day, so the GTG would be on Saturday, April 22.
Let me know who wants to come, so we have enough food for everybody.

Some of you might not know but I moved a couple years ago, if you need the address i'll PM you.

Charles,to make it a fair comparsion lets make sure we use the same ic's and power cables.

I use Pete's excellent low power digital PC's for the DAC and transport running into a PI Audio digital buss connected to a cryo 7+ PC. I have the IC's, can you bring the rest including whatever digital cable sounds best with the Aqua gear.

I figured we play vinyl first just to get a feel for the differences between analog and digital. Also then I would have to move the phono stage to make room for your DAC and transport. I hope they're stackable don't have anymore rack space.

My set-up is pretty good, should be able to hear the differences. Bring CD's, SACD's, and Vinyl if you want.

Joe

No Tidal MQA setup ? That's it I'm staying home  :rofl:
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »
Rave Alert! I have to reschedule the GTG to Saturday, May 20th. Sorry for the change, hopefully Rollo will have the Dac and transport by then.

I will post in the NY Rave forum with future post.

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »
Absolutely Joe all in and ready to rumble. Maybe a Innous music server the Zenith mk3.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
  The La Scala has arrived and even playing it through a Sony $100 DVD player as transport, never have I heard more accurate tonality and harmonics.
   Should have in stock next week the Formula DAC and this week the Vida transport.
   Axpona show prices available.

charles

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 06:22:29 PM »
That is good news Charles. Looking forward to hear them.
Hopefully, you can bring them to the GTG on May 20th.

Joe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »
Ok Guys I put in for the day, so the GTG would be on Saturday, April 22.
Let me know who wants to come, so we have enough food for everybody.

Some of you might not know but I moved a couple years ago, if you need the address i'll PM you.

Charles,to make it a fair comparsion lets make sure we use the same ic's and power cables.

I use Pete's excellent low power digital PC's for the DAC and transport running into a PI Audio digital buss connected to a cryo 7+ PC. I have the IC's, can you bring the rest including whatever digital cable sounds best with the Aqua gear.

I figured we play vinyl first just to get a feel for the differences between analog and digital. Also then I would have to move the phono stage to make room for your DAC and transport. I hope they're stackable don't have anymore rack space.

My set-up is pretty good, should be able to hear the differences. Bring CD's, SACD's, and Vinyl if you want.

Joe

No Tidal MQA setup ? That's it I'm staying home  :rofl:

Tidal yes [ INNUOS Zenith] MQA not yet being evaluated by AQUA.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 08:04:16 AM »
  Check out Part time audiophile review of LA show. Loving the under 20K Aqua based system.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »
AQUA has made it first improvement to the AQUA Formula DAC. Now the HD version. New USB 3.0 and I2s boards. New firmware upgrade. Upgrade to existing units now available. PM me for pricing on upgrades.
The new Firmware upgrade is just sensational. Future proof Digital from Aqua Acoustic.

charles