Author Topic: Tidal has filled a big hole  (Read 29413 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Tidal has filled a big hole
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:01 AM »

I still love you Mike. :lol:

Still not subscribing to Tidal

Emil, Jay-z has so much money that he would be making this donation with or without Tidal. I suspect it is coming through Tidal either a) because that's where is accountants say he will get the best tax benefit from it, B) they are hoping that the donation will generate new Tidal subscriptions from within the BLM movement or C) both.

Bottom line, I understand where you are coming from, but I am loving Tidal and there is no doubt in my mind that this donation would have happened even if Tidal never existed, so I don't feel that any of "my" money is going anywhere in particular (especially since Tidal has yet to show a profit and some industry people are wondering if it is economically viable i the long run). I am just not about to give up my access to Tidal because of what is IMO nothing more than a publicity stunt. But that is just my opinion, you have to do what you feel is right for you.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:28 AM »
The Police will not change the Police. If a systemic problem exists you can not have one sector of society huddled together to accuse another sector of society. That I guarantee will not work. It has to be done through a society as a whole by way of government.  
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Prιcis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
Reviving the old thread.

Hello Tidal Users,

I just signed up for Tidal trial and need some help in creating playlist.  I can create a playlist for specific song and albums of the artists but what I want to do is create a playlist where I just provide multiple artists.  For example - create a playlist for Melody Gardot, Norah Jones, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Eric Clapton, etc.  Once the play list is created I am hoping to basically have it play random songs from the artists or similar artists.  Is it possible with Tidal? 

The FAQ on Tidal does not seem to have information on what I am trying to do.

TIA

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 10:52:53 AM »
Reviving the old thread.

Hello Tidal Users,

I just signed up for Tidal trial and need some help in creating playlist.  I can create a playlist for specific song and albums of the artists but what I want to do is create a playlist where I just provide multiple artists.  For example - create a playlist for Melody Gardot, Norah Jones, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Eric Clapton, etc.  Once the play list is created I am hoping to basically have it play random songs from the artists or similar artists.  Is it possible with Tidal? 

The FAQ on Tidal does not seem to have information on what I am trying to do.

TIA

Deepak

I have been using Tidal for over a year. I believe you can make and name the playlist for each artist but I don't think you can randomly play from one to another. You would just have to make a playlist with multiple artists/songs
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 12:53:15 PM »
Sounds what you are trying to do is to replicate what we get from Pandora where it picks songs for you that match a certain criteria. As far as I know Tidal will allow you to make playlists, but will only play what you put on the list. It will not add to it with other songs on its own.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
Thx Evan and Tom.

I was afraid of that.  I listen to music in random fashion, so the Pandora style playing works very well for me.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 11:27:37 PM »
I just downloaded Pandora and their methodology of selecting what artists they think I like doesn't work for me. I like Tidal a lot and like to make a playlist to my exact liking, but how long will they be in business?
On another note, my nephew and his family came up for Thanksgiving and he chuckled and commented that I'm the only one he knows who listens to Tidal. I told him he didn't know what he was missing listening to MP3 "quality" music. I feel sorry that kids haven't been exposed to great sound or that they're oblivious to the possibility
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline ejk

MQA now on TIDAL
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 08:12:46 AM »
Tidal just started streaming MQA. Sounds great
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 03:30:44 PM »

Arent they going under?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline ejk

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »

Arent they going under?

That's what they say about all the streaming sites

Offline tmazz

Re: MQA now on TIDAL
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

Have you been able to get the MQA files to stream through the Node? The only way I have seen so far to access the MQA files is via the Tidal App on my PC. Does not work when accessing Tidal via a browser of the BluOS Controller software. This leaves me SOL because my PC is not connected t the stereo.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline richidoo

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 09:06:57 PM »
Tom, MQA only works on the desktop application.

They say it's 96/24 rez.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
That was my assumption given what I have been reading. I was hoping that maybe Evan found a way to get the MQAs through his node.

With a little luck this is only temporary and MQA code will be added to the apps for other devices.

Bluesound says that the Node is capable of playing MQA files now, so all I need to do is get them over to it.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline ejk

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 02:23:02 AM »

Have you been able to get the MQA files to stream through the Node? The only way I have seen so far to access the MQA files is via the Tidal App on my PC. Does not work when accessing Tidal via a browser of the BluOS Controller software. This leaves me SOL because my PC is not connected t the stereo.

Tom add the albums in the tidal app first to your  favorites or make a play list then choose them from the bluesound app or desktop player. Its easier because in the blue software you cant figure out which album is mqa  because you have multiples of the same album. You would have to select each one to figure it out.  In the tidal desktop the mqa albums are under "whats new" and then "masters".  And remember I'm sure they will figure out a better way in the future.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:21:21 AM by ejk »

Offline ejk

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 02:23:48 AM »
Tom, MQA only works on the desktop application.

They say it's 96/24 rez.

Yes but plays on the Bluesound and will be indicated with the MQA symbol while playing instead of CD symbol. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:25:36 AM by ejk »