Author Topic: Neotech power cord and Interconnect WOW  (Read 10352 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Neotech power cord and Interconnect WOW
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Just bought a Neotech power cord and IC from Soniccraft.
Blew me away.
Very open and transparent but so refined with subtle nuances as well, cymbals and metal percussion instruments sound so sweet and delicious, so much room around the instruments you can hear deep into the instrument.

Very very musical stuff. very refined and balanced and ultimately relaxed and musical.

Dave is onto something here with the Neotech wire.
I am going to wire my whole system, stem to stern with it, including the tonearm!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

DaveC

Re: Neotech power cord and Interconnect WOW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
Yeah, Sonicraft has some sales on Neotech stuff that make it a really good deal.

I think Neotech is making the best wire in the industry right now, you'd be surprised how many cable companies are selling rebranded Neotech cables and you might be surprised how much they get marked up too.  ;)vv

For copper wire the EC-UPOCC litz type wire is the best I have found, UPOCC silver is far superior to any silver wire out there with the exception of Duelund and the new UPOCC silver/gold alloy is the best wire out there period. Nothing even comes close imo.

And it makes sense that it would be the best wire out there, the purity of the metal and the OCC casting process produce a wire that is technically superior to everyone else's wire... once you experience it I think it would be hard to settle for anything else.

Also, there is now counterfeit UPOCC wire being produced and quite a few cable companies are using counterfeit UPOCC wire products. AFAIK, Neotech, Furutech and Oyaide are the only companies licensed to produce UPOCC wire, so if it's not coming from one of those companies you are not getting real UPOCC wire ...and it's hard to say what kind of quality you are really getting.

I am still working on getting D3 ICs with the silver/gold wire made and burnt in, I ran out of ground wire so have been unable to build more for the past week... I have received far more orders than I anticipated over the last month. I think the D3 is really going to surprise some people with how good it is...  :D  I can offer anyone here a 20% discount on bulk Neotech wire as well, just let me know.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »
Hey Topround Parts Connection is selling those connectors at closeout cost jump in and make your own.
    From recent experience with some prototype cords with different connectors and same wire and design was quite surprising that a plug or IEC can make that big a difference. I am convinced.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

DaveC

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:01:44 AM »
I use those Neotech plugs, they are kinda janky construction wise (plasticy), but they work and they do sound very good.

Connectors ALWAYS make a difference!

Order some UPOCC copper to make them out of too. I just can't use regular copper anymore, it is so warm, slow and bloaty sounding compared to UPOCC. Both Furutch and Neotech make UPOCC copper power cable, or you can make up your own out of Neotech wire.