Author Topic: Capacitors  (Read 41067 times)

WireNut

Re: Capacitors
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
Dammit I hesitated on the soundsmith and lost out   ](*,)

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
Yes go for the soundsmith, I have had both in my system and I am friends with Boris of Vista.
Boris is agreat guy but the Soundsmith is better by a large degree.
When you want to move to moving coil call me, that pre with a good stepup(like Slagle) will be killer, trust me

Matter of opinion.  Guy that bought my Vista also owns the Soundsmith, and he tells me he prefers the Vista.  Smoother and more musical, he says.  Just reporting, I don't know from personal experience, but I did very much enjoy the Vista.

How's it hangin', Rumproast?    :lol:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:55:45 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
Dammit I hesitated on the soundsmith and lost out   ](*,)

Been there, done that! :duh 

You know how the saying goes "... He who hesitates, finds something else to buy!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 08:10:34 AM »
  Back to topic. The Mundorf SIO caps are settled in. 400 hours to stop changing. Duelund CAST1.0 are coming in for the Arions. The original caps are Cardas.
    Has anyone noticed that if using tubed gear the tube and the cap synergy is key to cap selection ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
  Back to topic. The Mundorf SIO caps are settled in. 400 hours to stop changing. Duelund CAST1.0 are coming in for the Arions. The original caps are Cardas.
    Has anyone noticed that if using tubed gear the tube and the cap synergy is key to cap selection ?

charles

I have Wonder Caps in my SP8 because that was what was popular back then. I was "wondering" (pun intended  :rofl:) if I should upgrade to something more current and possibly better. Most have told me not to screw with it just leave it be. But the tinker audiophile in me just loves to eff with things and get in trouble  :duh)
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata