Author Topic: Time to ROLL!!!  (Read 4657 times)

eclein

Time to ROLL!!!
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
Hey guys,
My new/old little tube amp takes the tubes sizes listed below, anybody got any of these sizes matched and want to sell them, give me a shout here or: eclein@aol.com
The current brand in the big slots....LOL...are "JJ" Brand tubes and I have the stock tubes as well so I'm looking for Telefunkens, Sovotnek(sp)...anything that you think might sound good. I figure if your not currently using it, and the mojo isn't there between your gear and the tubes maybe you need to clean out your supply....Thanks!!!  Ed :thumb:
__________________________________Tubes____________________________________________________
In place of the supplied 6J1 driver tubes, you may use these tubes: 6AK5, 6AU6 and EF95. And in place of the supplied 6P6P output tubes, you may use these tubes: 6V6, 6V6GT, 6L6, 6L6GB, 6L6GC and 6PS3-E.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:59:09 AM by eclein »

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: Time to ROLL!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
Oh you poor, poor fool.

Welcome to the tube rolling madness, :drool:
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

eclein

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Poor comes after I roll!!!! This is where the fun begins Gene... :thumb:

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
Was looking for an appropriate thread to ask this and I think this might be it.

How many sets of power tubes or preamp tubes do you keep on hand for your tube rolling pleasure or just to have spares?

I think I might have gone overboard with power tube sets. I saw a couple of deals throughout the year and bought stuff. I didn't realize how many sets I bought till I was going through my audio gear. I've got 5 sets of power tubes for my Jolida. 1 NOS quad of 6550s, 1 quad of Penta KT-88SC solid black plates and 2 matched quads of KT-120s and 1 matched quad of cryoed KT-120s.

Thanks in advance.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
eclein, I don't have any tubes for you, but this page will get your juices flowing...
http://www.audiotubes.com/6l6.htm

One spare tube of each type is enough for me, sleepy.