Author Topic: 90 degree ac adapter - where to buy?  (Read 10853 times)

Phil

90 degree ac adapter - where to buy?
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
I'm wrestling with a power cord and losing (trying to plug into an equi=tech balance power unit that is really close to the wall).

Where do I find 90 degree ac adapters?  Any helpful links would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Phil

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: 90 degree ac adapter - where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:45:35 AM »
Good question Phil! You don't want a junky part with brass contacts either. I'll keep my eyes open. That would be good to have.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »
I'm wrestling with a power cord and losing (trying to plug into an equi=tech balance power unit that is really close to the wall).

Where do I find 90 degree ac adapters?  Any helpful links would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Phil
Try VH Audio. I know that Chris VehHaus sells pre-made PCs w/90 degree plugs. Also, the link I gave you is to the connectors page - I  note that if you go to that page, look under Wattgate, and scroll through the items in its list, you'll see Chris sells a "90 degree adaptor (backshell only) - $15.99 ea."
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Phil

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »
Thanks Rich and djbnh.   I checked with Chris V. and the adapter requires rewiring the power cord.  And it is specifically for WattGates and Furutech connectors.

I don't think this item exists in audiophile form....

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »
Phil,
I had the same problem trying to find one... I even asked John at Black Sand to make me a cord with the 90* angle on one end... thinking it'd be no big deal.. but it was... I don't think the AC-side is the problem but the IEC end just has some physical limitations when bending copper...

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »
IEC

NEMA 2 prong
Another 2 prong

This one looks best, but still brass conductors, heavy duty hospital grade.
http://www.marinco.com/docs/specs/8215TRA.pdf
Pic: http://www.tiptopelectronics.com/pdfs/industrial/MARINCO%202003.pdf
Available here
I think you want a pluyg and play with no rewiring? The best solution to that is to move the outlet to a better location, maybe down lower to the floor. Cose has minimum height spec. Might easier and definitely cheaper than a primo audiophile power accessory. Sheet rock work is easy. Leave the old box i the wall with blank faceplate on it, and cut a new hole for a clip on box to run the romex into it. If you have access under that floor, run it wherever you want. Maybe use an outlet tester to verify your connections.

Good luck Phil!
Rich