Author Topic: Classic Records Aqualung  (Read 3320 times)

biglou

Classic Records Aqualung
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:04:13 PM »
Just a couple quick notes about the latest Classic Records reissue:
Had the LP for 10 days and have been listening thru Scoutmaster+Shelter 90x>JMA Blueberry>BC28>Shahinian Arcs. First impression: much more detail. Ian Andersons voice is much clearer with greater vocal texture (its almost like you can feel his throat vibrating during Cross Eyed Mary). The reissue seems less dark and is does not sound as ominous as other recordings. This is hard to articulate but I used to feel that the album had a slightly sinister sound to it. Here the "sinisterness" is replaced with more energy and life and in some ways may be perceived as being a bit lighter. The backup vocals are more distinct - hell, I didnt even know the whole band was singing along before! Yet, the recording is a bit strange, its almost like some tracks were really well recorded and others not. For instance, it often seems like some of the instrumentals are really crisp where the vocals sounding a bit muffled. Overall, I think its a great reissue, but the original recording likely prevents truly transcendant sonics. Overall a hearty thumbs up.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Classic Records Aqualung
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »
I agree another well done LP by Classic Records. I have numerous copies including the Mobil Fideliy. The Classic reissue is the best so far IMO.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.