Author Topic: LinnRecords Free HD Downloads This MOnth  (Read 4495 times)

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
LinnRecords Free HD Downloads This MOnth
« on: December 11, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
Linn Records is offering free HD downloads this month. There are a total of 24 downloads of single tracks from different albums each day. These are of very high quality which I have enjoyed. It is a mix of jazz, classical, pop ect.
High quality free downloads; what a way to celebrate Christmas early and be introduced to Linn HD offerings.

Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: LinnRecords Free HD Downloads This MOnth
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:35:12 AM »
link please ... I am on their site and don't see this offer anywhere???
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:00:12 AM »
I believe it is the Christmas one but will let the OP confirm or correct http://christmas.linn.co.uk/

Edit: I think the above link is wrong because I only see the option for free song of the day option.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:16:14 AM by shadowlight »

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »
I've downloaded from Linn and for some reason i get very very loud hiss, and ONLY from Linn. Ive downloaded from at least 3 other sites with no problems.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »

Here is the link below. When you get to the link homepage, you may need to wait until you see the display show up " # 12 Merry Christmas with love from linn."
Linn has its own download manager. I have downloaded all
twelve to date.

http://www.linnrecords.com/

You can also get there at :  http://Christmas.linn.co.uk/

You may need to click the left arrow to download previous days download.

You do need to sign in, complete billing info, but you will see "no charge" for the free downloads.

Henry

Offline JBNY

• Seeking Help
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »
I've downloaded from Linn and for some reason i get very very loud hiss, and ONLY from Linn. Ive downloaded from at least 3 other sites with no problems.

Is the track encoded at a bitrate your DAC can't play? Generally when you hear that noise it is the DAC not getting a lock or not being able to play the file for some reason.
-Joe
Von Schweikert Speakers/Seismic Isolation Podiums
W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp/SST SOA2 Amp
Roon Core i7NUC/Synology 52TB NAS
Matrix X-SABRE PRO (MQA) DAC/Pi4 Ropieee
Pass Labs X-17 Phono/OL Resolution MK4 TT/Conqueror MK3c/Kiseki PH
Equi=core 1800 Balance

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
Hmmm, not sure. I have a Burson 160D handles 24/192. So i guess I have to have multiples 48/96/192. 88 and 176 probably won't synch is what you think? I have media of all different bit/sample rates and never had a problem except for them but now that you bring it up I will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Is the track encoded at a bitrate your DAC can't play? Generally when you hear that noise it is the DAC not getting a lock or not being able to play the file for some reason.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
Looks like if I scroll back to previous days I will get charged. Only the current day download is free.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 07:16:15 PM »
Bob,

Appear you are correct.You cannot go back to the previous days to download those. 12 more left though.

Henry

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 05:41:19 AM »
OK So I downloaded songs from Linn the past 2 days. I didn't hear the hiss as i did from the previous downloads. Note the latest 2 songs were varying bit rates so I am going to re-download the songs from months ago.