Author Topic: Qobuz  (Read 2984 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Qobuz
« on: December 31, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »
OK so the Qobuz trial ended.I assume that they haven't launched in USA yet whats an audiophile to do lol!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 09:37:01 AM »
I really enjoyed my trial of Qobuz. I will likely sign up for a few months when it launches just to see how it’s integrated with Roon. I also found a fair amount of music that wasn’t available on Tidal. However, long term, I’m sticking with Tidal.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:55:44 AM »
I like the SQ of Qobuz. Some day I will get Roon
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:05:01 AM »
My hope was that the trial would last long enough to see it integrated within Roon.   Didn't happen, but I do like Qobuz more than other streamers and I like that you can buy your favorite albums through Qobuz at a non-trivial discount.    But what I will like most is if/when it is released in the US and integrated within Roon.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 09:23:56 AM »
My hope was that the trial would last long enough to see it integrated within Roon.   Didn't happen, but I do like Qobuz more than other streamers and I like that you can buy your favorite albums through Qobuz at a non-trivial discount.    But what I will like most is if/when it is released in the US and integrated within Roon.

Off Topic: Would Roon capture cover art and metadata of music files in my personal collection?

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »

Off Topic: Would Roon capture cover art and metadata of music files in my personal collection?

My personal collection of music is on my hard drive which is attached to the computer which runs the Roon core. So Roon integrates my music and the Tidal music seemlessly.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »
I plan to have Roon, Qobuz, and a local HDD with my library connected to my PC to my DAC.
Alternatively I have a NAS streaming to my Lumin to my DAC. I use the Auralic standalone DAC as I think it is a bit better.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »

I've been using Roon for 3 years now.   Got hooked when they started supporting old Squeezebox devices as endpoints.   Very cool stuff.

Not only does it display artwork and metadata (that either you and/or Roon provides - your choice), but Roon often provides a detailed description or review of the album with a link to artist description as well.  It also includes full album credit info with cross references to every aspect of your music with links to composers, release info and performing artists.    It will provide cover art but it also allows you to drop PDFs or additional images into the same directory and have them linked from within Roon.   Of course, that's only the tip of the Roon iceberg.   My understanding is that Roon will be integrating Qobuz in much the way it has Tidal.   That means that you can "tag" albums from the streaming service and they show up in your collection just like you own albums.

If you have a sizable collection of digital albums  -and/or- you use Tidal (or soon, Qobuz), you should definitely give it a spin.   I jumped on the lifetime license and have never looked back.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »

I've been using Roon for 3 years now.   Got hooked when they started supporting old Squeezebox devices as endpoints.   Very cool stuff.

Not only does it display artwork and metadata (that either you and/or Roon provides - your choice), but Roon often provides a detailed description or review of the album with a link to artist description as well.  It also includes full album credit info with cross references to every aspect of your music with links to composers, release info and performing artists.    It will provide cover art but it also allows you to drop PDFs or additional images into the same directory and have them linked from within Roon.   Of course, that's only the tip of the Roon iceberg.   My understanding is that Roon will be integrating Qobuz in much the way it has Tidal.   That means that you can "tag" albums from the streaming service and they show up in your collection just like you own albums.

If you have a sizable collection of digital albums  -and/or- you use Tidal (or soon, Qobuz), you should definitely give it a spin.   I jumped on the lifetime license and have never looked back.

I bought the lifetime license. Worth every penny 👍👍
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS