Author Topic: Free Qobuz 3-Month Trial  (Read 30143 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Free Qobuz 3-Month Trial
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »
Nick, use Google Chrome browser and it will automatically translate French to English , if you want to try it.

Deepak,
I’m getting closer....logged in and started using the web player on my iPad with Google translator. Quobuz downloads the songs and starts playing them, but no sound. Not sure how to fix that one.
Nick

Not sure what is going on with your account?  If you successfully entered the code, you can try the Qobuz application on the iPad or you can configure the Auralic mini to stream Qobuz.

The Quobuz app is a broken loop. I can never get to a page to enter the code again. So I can play samples right now via the app. I will give the Auralic a try. It’s a bit finicky sometimes,  though.
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »

The Quobuz app is a broken loop. I can never get to a page to enter the code again. So I can play samples right now via the app. I will give the Auralic a try. It’s a bit finicky sometimes,  though.
Nick

Ok, I am confused.  Are you saying that you have not entered the CEDIA2018 code at all?  If that is the case use a regular browser to connect to the link from couple of post ago and start there.  Once you have confirmation that account is setup for 3 month trial, enter the same email and password that you used via the browser for the iPad Qobuz application.

It's difficult for me to read the tiny fonts even with my reading glasses on the tablet so I leverage the computer to do all the initial setup, which leaves entering credentials on the tablet when needed.  I can blow the credential window up so I can read it.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »

Nick

Ok, I am confused.  Are you saying that you have not entered the CEDIA2018 code at all?  If that is the case use a regular browser to connect to the link from couple of post ago and start there.  Once you have confirmation that account is setup for 3 month trial, enter the same email and password that you used via the browser for the iPad Qobuz application.

It's difficult for me to read the tiny fonts even with my reading glasses on the tablet so I leverage the computer to do all the initial setup, which leaves entering credentials on the tablet when needed.  I can blow the credential window up so I can read it.

1) I have entered the code on the Chrome browser as you suggested and it worked...and did a nice job on the French translation. While the Quobuz web player in the Chrome browser downloads and plays, I get no volume through my iPad
2) I have installed the app twice, meaning two separate user names, and there is no place to enter the
Cedia code. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times. It keeps showing an icon for a free trial, but when I tap on it, it says no free trials are available and to try again later.
3) If I tap on the “later” word, another page opens up and I can only play samples of music. The samples play fine, but that’s all I get. There is nowhere on the app that plays samples where I can find either my profile or any location where I could enter the Cedia code.
4) I may play with the glitchy Auralic at some point
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:16:51 AM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2018, 07:17:30 PM »
Once you are registered you do not need to sign up for trial.  You should see the option to “Log In”.  Click on that and entered the credentials that you had entered under the Chrome browser.

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »
Nick

If you haven't already, download the Qobuz app from the Apple Store directly to your iPad and play it from there once you log in not through the Chrome browser.  Also make sure that the volume slider in Qobuz is all the way up. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 06:13:58 AM »
Nick

If you haven't already, download the Qobuz app from the Apple Store directly to your iPad and play it from there once you log in not through the Chrome browser.  Also make sure that the volume slider in Qobuz is all the way up.

Jack, I’ve done that. Last night, Deepak and I spoke and we still couldn’t get it resolved. He will help with a screen share when I get back from vacation. As to the volume, both the volume on Qobuz and my iPad are at 100%.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:16:03 AM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
Did a shootout between Tidal MQA and Qobuz native Hi Res files of the same songs and so as to not hijack this thread I put the discussion of the results here:

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=6902.msg87765;topicseen#msg87765
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2018, 02:07:01 PM »
I'm in
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline ejk

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 02:09:03 PM »
Just hope the 3 month trial worked and I didn't activate my old acct
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2018, 03:04:05 PM »
I'm in

Hey Evan, good to hear from you.

Offline ejk

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 05:59:49 AM »
I'm in

Hey Evan, good to hear from you.

Only took me 16 months to turn the stereo on

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2018, 06:55:55 AM »
We did a screen share and Deepak, as usual, got it working  :thumb: Thanks very much! Is there something you can’t fix!?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:11:58 AM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
We did a screen share and Deepak, as usual, got it working  :thumb:Thanks very much! Is there something you can’t fix!?

I am just lucky with the computer stuff, everything else is broken  :rofl:

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »
I met up with David Solomon from Qobuz at Capital Audiofest and he has given me couple of free trial codes.  I am making two trail codes available for AN members on first come basis.  I believe the code is valid for 2 months.  Either post in the thread or PM me and I will send along the codes.  For now I would like to disqualify folks who already have a Qobuz account, to give folks who have not tried Qobuz first crack at it.

Thx

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:25 PM »
Damn, I was looking for David or somebody from Qobuz all weekend and had no luck at all.

Did he give you any idea of when the US launch would be. Obviously it did not happen at RMAF as was previously announced.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables