Author Topic: May Meeting Notice  (Read 28565 times)

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
May Meeting Notice
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:40:29 PM »
Member “Triode” Pete has graciously volunteered to host another Rave-type meeting on Saturday, May 21st at his Massapequa home.  Doors open at 1 PM.  There’s a possibility member "lissnr", aka Grant, who literally lives "around the corner" from Pete, will be able to open his dedicated "room" for listening to his system later in the afternoon.  

Please RSVP by May 15th to Russ Lachow.  Since members from the former NY Rave audio club are invited to this meeting, it is essential to determine the number of people attending, to ensure enough food is provided.  Attendees are encouraged to bring appetizers, deserts, and beverages.  If a non-RSVP guest shows up and partakes in the grub, both arms and feet will be tied, and the person will be hung upside down from the ceiling by the Syndrome Elite Guard.   

Pete has a heated salt water pool, and encourages attendees to bring a bathing suit for a temporary watery respite from the audio madness.  

Special guests include "Berto", Rob Reich and "Gopher", Fred Ainsley, from Lampizator NA. They will be bringing their "top of the line" world-renowned Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.

Another special guest will be Vinnie Rossi. Vinnie will be bringing his incredibly innovative Vinnie Rossi LIO – Ultracapacitor-Powered, Integrated Amplifier. Details below-
- LIO Directly Heated Triode Linestage (LIO DHT PRE):
Class-A, OTL, zero-feedback and “convertible” DHT triode linestage allowing for use with  2A3 / 45, 300B, PX4 / PX25, 101D / 205D, and SV811 / SV572 triode families.
- LIO DSD/PCM DAC:  PCM 32-bit / 384kHz, DSD64 and DSD128.  Dual-mono AKM d/a converters
- LIO Phonostage:  Class-A, zero-feedback JFET design with MC step-up transformers
- LIO MOSFET Amplifier:  Class AB, 25wpc / 8-ohms, 45wpc / 4-ohms, 65wpc / 2-ohms

Still another special VIP guest will be Gary Dews, owner of BorderPatrol Audio Electronics, building the finest low-powered SET & push-pull amps of the planet! Pete's main system has BorderPatrol's S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD power supplies.
Pete’s main system: Vintage Rosewood Klipschorns with Volti Audio Full upgrades.  Loesch & Wiesner Tube Phono & Line Stage Pre-amp with dual monoblock tube regulated power supplies.  BorderPatrol S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD monoblock power supplies   Well Tempered Reference Turntable with Clearaudio Maestro 2 cartridge.  Goldenote Stibbert 6DJ8 tube CD player.  Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.  PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner. Triode Wire Labs cable loom.  

Pete's smaller room system: Vintage 12" Tannoy Gold Dual Concentrics in Custom Tannoy MusicSeeker Cherry Cabinets (tuned port down to 26 Hz).  Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT PRE. PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner.  Triode Wire Labs cable loom.  Vinnie will be bringing his laptop with plenty of music!

As if two systems isn’t enough sonic fun, there will be a third system in Pete’s garage (Dahlquist & Polk monitors).  That system can be set up outside, weather permitting... or perhaps a 4th system to be set-up - TBD!!!

Please email Russ to RSVP & for Pete's address in Massapequa.

For those who wish to use the LIRR, the Massapequa train station is less than two miles from Pete’s residence.  Try to arrange a pickup from the station prior to the meeting date with fellow members, or as a last resort call the host to arrange a pickup to his place on the meeting date.  Club members will only make a limited number of train runs for pickup.  If there is a significant number of people taking the LIRR, it is best to coordinate taking the same train, though best of all is to find a ride and car pool.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: May Audio Party Notice for Everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:51:20 AM »
Member “Triode” Pete has graciously volunteered to host another Rave-type meeting on Saturday, May 21st at his Massapequa home.  Doors open at 1 PM.  There’s a possibility member "lissnr", aka Grant, who literally lives "around the corner" from Pete, will be able to open his dedicated "room" for listening to his system later in the afternoon.  

Please RSVP by May 15th to Russ Lachow.  Since members from the former NY Rave audio club are invited to this meeting, it is essential to determine the number of people attending, to ensure enough food is provided.  Attendees are encouraged to bring appetizers, deserts, and beverages.  If a non-RSVP guest shows up and partakes in the grub, both arms and feet will be tied, and the person will be hung upside down from the ceiling by the Syndrome Elite Guard.   

Pete has a heated salt water pool, and encourages attendees to bring a bathing suit for a temporary watery respite from the audio madness.  

Special guests include "Berto", Rob Reich and "Gopher", Fred Ainsley, from Lampizator NA. They will be bringing their "top of the line" world-renowned Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.

Another special guest will be Vinnie Rossi. Vinnie will be bringing his incredibly innovative Vinnie Rossi LIO – Ultracapacitor-Powered, Integrated Amplifier. Details below-
- LIO Directly Heated Triode Linestage (LIO DHT PRE):
Class-A, OTL, zero-feedback and “convertible” DHT triode linestage allowing for use with  2A3 / 45, 300B, PX4 / PX25, 101D / 205D, and SV811 / SV572 triode families.
- LIO DSD/PCM DAC:  PCM 32-bit / 384kHz, DSD64 and DSD128.  Dual-mono AKM d/a converters
- LIO Phonostage:  Class-A, zero-feedback JFET design with MC step-up transformers
- LIO MOSFET Amplifier:  Class AB, 25wpc / 8-ohms, 45wpc / 4-ohms, 65wpc / 2-ohms

Still another special VIP guest will be Gary Dews, owner of BorderPatrol Audio Electronics, building the finest low-powered SET & push-pull amps of the planet! Pete's main system has BorderPatrol's S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD power supplies.
Pete’s main system: Vintage Rosewood Klipschorns with Volti Audio Full upgrades.  Loesch & Wiesner Tube Phono & Line Stage Pre-amp with dual monoblock tube regulated power supplies.  BorderPatrol S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD monoblock power supplies   Well Tempered Reference Turntable with Clearaudio Maestro 2 cartridge.  Goldenote Stibbert 6DJ8 tube CD player.  Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.  PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner. Triode Wire Labs cable loom.  

Pete's smaller room system: Vintage 12" Tannoy Gold Dual Concentrics in Custom Tannoy MusicSeeker Cherry Cabinets (tuned port down to 26 Hz).  Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT PRE. PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner.  Triode Wire Labs cable loom.  Vinnie will be bringing his laptop with plenty of music!

As if two systems isn’t enough sonic fun, there will be a third system in Pete’s garage (Dahlquist & Polk monitors).  That system can be set up outside, weather permitting... or perhaps a 4th system to be set-up - TBD!!!

Please email Russ to RSVP & for Pete's address in Massapequa.

For those who wish to use the LIRR, the Massapequa train station is less than two miles from Pete’s residence.  Try to arrange a pickup from the station prior to the meeting date with fellow members, or as a last resort call the host to arrange a pickup to his place on the meeting date.  Club members will only make a limited number of train runs for pickup.  If there is a significant number of people taking the LIRR, it is best to coordinate taking the same train, though best of all is to find a ride and car pool.

All Audio Nervosa members are invited to this Audio Party!  :thumb:

PM me for my address.

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: May Meeting Notice
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:45:48 AM »
Yes it is an Audio Syndrome event for paid MEMBERS only.

charles
president
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »

charles

Yes, an Audio Syndrome Audio Party at my home with ANY of my friends & guests I choose to invite...
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »

charles

Yes, an Audio Syndrome Audio Party at my home with ANY of my friends & guests I choose to invite...

But of course Pete your the host so only you can invite non members. That should be understood. Only two people are banned as you know.

charles

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:35:23 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
Would we know if we were banned? This is all very intriguing...
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
I'm glad I'm not banned,Pete thanks for the invite,I plan to attend.
I'll bring beer and rice pudding and hot dogs.
Be nice to see everyone again.

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
Hi Russ,

I've been invited, and I accept!  Thanks.

Shek

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
Im thinking of coming, but we also have to pick our granite for our new kitchen that goes in end of month so Im not sure I will make it. If I do come I expect people to make it rain upon my oiled up man body and I hope to make more than the total dues that I don't pay to the club!
ty
Mike
Its cool ndude.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
Thanks for inviting all AN members, Pete!

Sadly, I won't be able to make it (again!) ...   It's our 23rd anniversary romp that night.

I hope everyone has a great time!!

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 03:42:28 AM »
   It's our 23rd anniversary romp that night.

Hey Rich gotta get it while you can  :beer:
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 04:43:34 AM »
Im thinking of coming, but we also have to pick our granite for our new kitchen that goes in end of month so Im not sure I will make it. If I do come I expect people to make it rain upon my oiled up man body and I hope to make more than the total dues that I don't pay to the club!
ty
Mike

Picking out granite? C'mon Mikey. We haven't gotten together in months! There's always Saturday morning and all day Sunday
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 05:19:26 PM »

Im thinking of coming, but we also have to pick our granite for our new kitchen...
Mike

Picking out granite? C'mon Mikey. We haven't gotten together in months! There's always Saturday morning and all day Sunday

What he meant to say, Emil... is that his dog ate the car keys!!! :rofl:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 06:11:37 PM »
Shek,
I think you are one of the two that were banned :rofl:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 08:28:24 AM »
ty
Mike

Strong as an Ox and twice as smart