Author Topic: How Much Power Conditionig do we Need ?  (Read 10016 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: How Much Power Conditionig do we Need ?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:18 PM »
Love it! Thanks for dumping your pile of wisdom on AN Dave!

So for "homeruns back to inlet," you mean back to the utility meter, where there is (in my case) a breaker panel with 50A airconditioner breaker etc. Install 4 more 30A breakers there?
NO!!!  Check to see if you have adequate wire size for 60A what your electrical service and remain within those supply parameters.  Unless... You want to see what the cost of a parallel feed to the house would be.  PLEASE be sure to observe all local and national codes require.  Even if some wild-assed input schemes are ABSOLUTELY safe, the insurance company would claim no fault and you will be screwed.  Use #6 for the branch circuit as a minimum.  I would use 2 - 20A circuits and 1 -15A circuit.  Save the 15A circuit for all things digital and you will be way ahead if you add some EMI/RFI treatment.  I gotta guy for that ...  :thumb:

Bwaha!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »
I generally recommend 2 home runs to the power entry.

Dave, when you say "power entry," you mean "main service panel?"
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:46:43 PM by richidoo »

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »
I generally recommend 2 home runs to the power entry.

Dave, when you say "power entry," you mean "main service panel?"
Thanks
Yup, I do.  Usually I say "main service entry" (or entrance), but I got lazy  :roll:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 04:48:04 AM »
Gotcha thanks.

That makes a little more sense.  :D

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »
The key thing here is having a dedicated circuit from your service entrance for your music room(s). Probably the best improvement anyone can do for their music systems. In my music room I have two circuits. One is my dedicated circuit for my music equipment with brown covers plates to identify them and the common beige cover plates for the zone power circuit.

The old lady knows: DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO BROWN OUTLETS  :thumb:
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »
The key thing here is having a dedicated circuit from your service entrance for your music room(s). Probably the best improvement anyone can do for their music systems. In my music room I have two circuits. One is my dedicated circuit for my music equipment with brown covers plates to identify them and the common beige cover plates for the zone power circuit.

The old lady knows: DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO BROWN OUTLETS  :thumb:
I told Gayle that my end is where the system is and hers is everywhere else.  Works most of the time  :lol: