Author Topic: Streaming Stations  (Read 4532 times)

Bigfish8

Streaming Stations
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:14:20 PM »
Guys:

Today, I finally signed-up for the Pandora trial period.  Would you please recommend based on your experience the best streaming music stations you have experienced?

Thanks,

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Streaming Stations
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »
I'm thinking about that too. My wife likes Tory Amos/KateBush kinda stuff but doesn't know anyone else like that. I'm hoping Pandora can hook her up so she will enjoy the stereo as much as me, or almost..

WBGO streams jazz from NY, it's pretty good. Lots of internet only stations on Live 365 networks, etc. Bitrate quality varies.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »
I liked Pandora.....when I could actually get it. Now it's this:

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in Canada. If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com

If you are a paid subscriber, please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com and we will issue a pro-rated refund to the credit card you used to sign up. If you have been using Pandora, we will keep a record of your existing stations and bookmarked artists and songs, so that when we are able to launch in your country, they will be waiting for you.

We will be notifying listeners as licensing agreements are established in individual countries. If you would like to be notified by email when Pandora is available in your country, please enter your email address below. The pace of global licensing is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our service everywhere.

We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tim Westergen

Tim Westergren
Founder

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:42:35 PM »
That's too bad. Seems like a good opportunity to create a foreign licensing fee for even more publishing revenue. But maybe publishers feel that once the media escapes the borders then RIAA can't threaten suit.

Before they cut you off, did you like it John? Thanks
Rich

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »
If you're looking for a library of streaming radio stations, you may want to take a look at www.winamp.com/player . This is 1 cool multimedia player that can be downloaded free or upgraded for simply $19.95 which is what I did. This player has a library that's just loaded with both audio and video. I've seen over 1000 radio stations in their library and you can catagorize them by gendre. I have it simply for it's radio library as I do my downloading via Windows Media Player. I'm always having to remind Windows who my primary player is after using Winamp but that's no big deal.

I listen to Pandora occasionally but unfortunately, it won't accept my DFX 8.3 Audio Enhancer like all the major multimedia players will so I lean heavily on Winamp. Another suggestion for you if you're into streaming audio from your computer thru your home system, try www.fxsound.com for Winamp. I also use this on my WMP library and it WILL take music to the next level. I use a simple 2/1/1/1/2 tuning which is very little actually but that's all my system really needs. This is my Audio Nervosa,,,,,, well actually my WMP library is but you're asking about streaming.  8)

Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

dcktr

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »

Guys:

Today, I finally signed-up for the Pandora trial period.  Would you please recommend based on your experience the best streaming music stations you have experienced?

Thanks,

Ken

radioparadise is my favorite, very eclectic, 192 stream

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »
That's too bad. Seems like a good opportunity to create a foreign licensing fee for even more publishing revenue. But maybe publishers feel that once the media escapes the borders then RIAA can't threaten suit.

Before they cut you off, did you like it John? Thanks
Rich

Yep I liked it but now I'm hooked on www.bluebeat.com The audio quality is outstanding compared to almost everything else I have tried.