Author Topic: Silverline Audio Sonata mk III  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Silverline Audio Sonata mk III
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »
i finally got these last night.they came in the original Silverline packaging triple boxed with 2" closed cell foam totally encasing the speaker.they weigh 110 lbs each and came with the spikes, owners manual and a nifty Silverline Audio Demo CD. the 1st thing to get my attention was the sound of the Dynaudio Esotar tweeter which was very clean, crisp and extended  :drool:.the LPG 2" domed midrange is the same one used on my Sonatina mk II and its a wonderful German made transducer that sits right at ear level from my listening chair. a Dynaudio 7" midbass driver sits below the LPG domed mid and last but not least on the bottom resides a 9.5" Dynaudio woofer that features a 4" voice coil with a dual magnet structure.the cabinets are beautiful bookmatched rosewood. they sound very coherent from top to bottom and i no longer feel the need for a subwoofer.i dont bet but if i were a betting man it would be a pretty safe bet that these Babies will stay in my main Rig for years to come. these are really sweet Speakers  8)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:49:24 PM by Bunky »
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Silverline Audio Sonata mk III
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »
Lotsa luck with them.  Enjoy!  :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »
Sounds like you chose well! Nice to have a full range floorstander.

:pics?:

Offline Bunky

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
Sounds like you chose well! Nice to have a full range floorstander.

:pics?:

Hey Rich,I posted some of the pictures taken by the Seller at the end of the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Thread. they are not that good but they are pictures none the less  ;) i will have to get one of my daughters to take digital pictures of my Rig. if you come up for the Capitol Audiofest you can listen to them for yourself  :thumb:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 05:58:38 AM »
 :thumb: 

That will be awesome. Are you exhibiting?

Offline Bunky

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 07:51:13 AM »
I will be at the Mansion for the Audiofest and i live roughly a hour away between Baltimore and Annapolis. if time permits maybe afterwards you can come over to my house down on the Water in Pasadena.i could get some steamed crabs or have a cookout or whatever.its very nice down here in the Dena  :thumb:
-- Frank Zappa

opnly bafld

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:05:44 AM by opnly bafld »

opnly bafld

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »
Did you get these? What are your plans for them?

"I should be getting a NIB pair of Silverline Sonatina III in Burl Briarwood in the middle of next month." (2/23/11)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:02 AM »
Sounds great! My parents live in Easton. I'll let you know for sure as it gets closer. Thanks!
Rich

Offline Bunky

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 10:41:48 AM »
Did you get these? What are your plans for them?

"I should be getting a NIB pair of Silverline Sonatina III in Burl Briarwood in the middle of next month." (2/23/11)
to make a long story short i was going to buy the Sonatina mk III NIB in briar wood from Michael Gill who had a ad on Audiogon where he had opened one speaker just to show a photo of it. he is a audio dealer who is the US importer of Dayens and Arte Forma audio and i know him and did business with him in the past. the problem was he was relocating from Stone mountain Ga to Los Angeles Ca and his gear was still in GA while He was out in LA. he was supposed to  come back in a month but it did not happen and i called him and he said another four or five weeks and i waited almost five weeks until i saw the Deal on the VA Beethoven baby Grands.he contacted me while the Beethovens had already arrived and said he was ready   :duh .his new Adress and phone number is on the Dayens website if you want to contact him to see if he still has them. he wanted $3000 and they listed for $5000 and they are brand spanking new  :drool: its a very sweet deal in my opinion  :thumb:
-- Frank Zappa