Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - 2008  (Read 20420 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
More photos from Ken
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
More photos!

[attachment deleted by admin based on 2 year limit]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:39:27 PM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

Bigfish8

Re: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - 2008
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »
Some very good pictures and comments about RMAF here:  http://blog.stereophile.com/rmaf2008/

Ken

pmkap

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »
I only got to spend a little time in Mike's room with the Analysis ribbons (when I was trying to scrounge a power cord).  Certainly not enough time to make a judgment but on first impression, they sounded a LOT better than the last 2 years if memory serves correctly.

Bryan

No doubt because of the power cords/conditioners powering the Spectrons, aka Occam's Razor.  :roll: Well, actually Wayne's super enhanced SB source might have helped. That TweekGeek room got a rave in the Stereophile blog -
http://blog.stereophile.com/rmaf2008/101208silence/

Per the Stereophile entry -
Physicist Jack Bybee of Bybee Technologies has now licensed his quantum purification nanocarbon technology to David Caplan's new company, Bybee Wire. Distributed by Laufer Teknik, the new Bybee Wire cables and power purifier include Bybee devices that clean up quantum mechanical noise at the sub-atomic level.

To these ears, the Bybee products made the happiest sound in the Tweek Geek room. There, Analysis Audio Omega speakers ($22,000/pair), which actually needed more room to breathe than the room allowed, Modwright SWL 9.0 preamp ($2500), Spectron Musician 3 Mk.II monoblock amplifiers ($7195 each), Bybee Wire AC Conditioner ($4500) and two AC cords ($2995 each), Stereovox Reference interconnect ($1995), and Elrod Remote Sense speaker cable ($1500) produced impressive full range orchestral sound that was very fast and clear. It also produced wonderful clarity (if not the most detailed presentation) on vocals. The system was silent enough to easily reveal differences in recording technique on recent CDs by two exceptional male choral groups: Chanticleer's wonderful new Mission Road, and Cantus' John Atkinson-engineered There Lies Home. Need I say which recording won the engineering award?

Adding insult to injury, this Bybee Wire guy is a David Caplan. Everybody knows that Kaplans are far superior to Caplans (I'm Paul Kaplan).....

Mgalusha - Many thanks for that incredibly cool name for my cords - Occam's Lazer

-Paul

[attachment deleted by admin based on 2 year limit]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:57:40 AM by pmkap »

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:24 AM »
Actually, that one piece SB was Mike Galusha's design I believe.

I'm sure having the room properly treated with some of our stuff didn't hurt either ;)

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

mgalusha

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
Actually, that one piece SB was Mike Galusha's design I believe.

I'm sure having the room properly treated with some of our stuff didn't hurt either ;)

It was and the treatments, of course, made a huge difference.  :)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
I like the name Occam's Lazer!  There was a room there called Occam Audio, I thought that was yours Paul, but then I remembered you weren't attending this year.

mgalusha's SB was exquisite. mgalusha's room with the spectrons and Analysis was really great sound. So the Lazers were doing their job!

Rich

Bigfish8