Author Topic: Border Patrol Two thunbs Up  (Read 4551 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
Border Patrol Two thunbs Up
« on: May 01, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
Just bought some stuff from Gary Dews of Border Patrol. He is the most pleasant person to deal with next to Triode Pete. Pete and Gary are the best persons to deal with when it comes to sales.  :D :thumb:  :thumb:

Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Border Patrol Two thunbs Up
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:33:50 AM »
  Enjoy !

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
I saw a mention of Border Patrol amp mentioned in that new Occasional Magazine, so I spent a happy hour reading Gary's website and some reviews.

jessearias, what gear did you get from Gary, and how is it working out for you, now 8 months in?

Thanks!
Rich

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
Rich,

I went to the Border Patrol, Volti, TWL room and was amazed at the sound. The Border Patrol amps were fantastic, the Volti Rivals were smooth as silk. But the thing that tied them all together was the Border Patrol DAC.

The Border Patrol DAC is one amazing sounding DAC. They always say the weakest link and that DAC was no weak link. It brought that whole system together and made it sound fantastic.

I purchased the SE version with USB and SPDIF and it displaced my Schitt DAC in my system. It is smooth and well refined. I have heard many highly reviewed DACs, Brooklyn, Schitt, etc. and this little guy can stand right with them. Tube rectified, single ended strait signal path, no oversampling. Clean, simple and uncomplicated. As Dave would say, "Do no harm".

I run my CD and computer audio through it and it delivers what I want to hear. Very happy with it.
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
I've heard the Border Patrol show demos several times, even before he ganged up with Volti and TWL. Always a very refined sound.  I'm glad you're happy with your new DAC!

Offline dBe

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »
Rich,

I went to the Border Patrol, Volti, TWL room and was amazed at the sound. The Border Patrol amps were fantastic, the Volti Rivals were smooth as silk. But the thing that tied them all together was the Border Patrol DAC.

The Border Patrol DAC is one amazing sounding DAC. They always say the weakest link and that DAC was no weak link. It brought that whole system together and made it sound fantastic.

I purchased the SE version with USB and SPDIF and it displaced my Schitt DAC in my system. It is smooth and well refined. I have heard many highly reviewed DACs, Brooklyn, Schitt, etc. and this little guy can stand right with them. Tube rectified, single ended strait signal path, no oversampling. Clean, simple and uncomplicated. As Dave would say, "Do no harm".

I run my CD and computer audio through it and it delivers what I want to hear. Very happy with it.
Gary has really got it figured out.  His power supplies are things of beauty.  Gotta pump clean power, especially for digital.  Couple that with being a truly nice person and he is a guy to know.  When I first heard one of his DACs, Pete played Buddy Guy "Done Got Old" and it was a treat.

Keep kill in' it, Gary :thumb:

Offline dflee

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:13 AM »
Dave: Done Got Old is haunting voice for sure. I use his Blues Singer to test systems.
Killin Floor is awesome (so is the rest of the album).
Would be interested if BP ever comes out with non-tube equipment.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 03:11:34 PM »
Dave: Done Got Old is haunting voice for sure. I use his Blues Singer to test systems.
Killin Floor is awesome (so is the rest of the album).
Would be interested if BP ever comes out with non-tube equipment.

Don
Yeah.  Ggreat song.  Peter pretty had me nailed with that track.

In the last 3 years I have slowed down much more than I have wanted.  I just appreciate life more as I get slower  8)

Ta'

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dBe

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
OK.  One more time.

Yeah.  Great song.  Pete pretty well had me nailed with that track.

Meh..