Author Topic: AudioEngine A2  (Read 3084 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
AudioEngine A2
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »
OK, here's a speaker that saved my butt this weekend...

My sweet wife and I had a chance to get away for a long weekend at the beach.  But, the only audio there is a broken down old boom box - not conducive to the purpose of a valentine weekend away.  So I started googling early in the week for a pair of powered speakers to fit the bill.   I found some great reviews for AudioEngine and on Tuesday ordered a pair from Hideflifestyle.com.  Which also had a 10% discount plus 5% off via live.com/cashback.

They showed up (free 2 day shipping) in a box designed to carry not only the speakers but perfect to throw in my SB3, cables & portable harddrive.  Within 10 minutes at the beach I had it setup with my laptop as my SC. These little speakers sound amazing for the size and price.  Score!

To help rationalize the purchase, I'll use them as my desktop computer speakers to replace some old junky PC speakers.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: AudioEngine A2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

Those look sweet. Active amps inside, perfect for an iPod or puter.

I hope they added to the enjoyment of the weekend. If they were my new toy, I would be too distracted to celebrate Valentines day correctly.  :yay2:

http://www.hideflifestyle.com/audioenginea2-multimedia-speaker-system-black-p-1117.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:11:10 PM by richidoo »