Author Topic: RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C  (Read 21959 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 07:03:42 PM »
Quote from: "RAW"
Well finally got aprroved and now a member.

Welcome to AudioNervosa, Al! Glad to have you on board.  Congratulations on the great design.

Rich

RAW

RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
I would love to hear those as well. I just completed the Exodus 2641 kit (uses same woofers and mids) and they sound very nice but they just sound too small/short for my tastes. The MTM upper would have really topped them off IMO.

That is a beautiful veneer, as well as an outstanding job in aligning it so that the grain looks symmetrical and the same.

Mike

Mike
Yes people refer to the 2 models but really different.
The HT8 uses a non square MTM area which loads the mids differently as well as the woofers act like a ported TL.
Then add in the ribbon compared to the Usher.

And yes I like the MTM over the twin with the single MT.Ovr all a stronger balance to the mids in the MTM.

Welcome to AudioNervosa, Al! Glad to have you on board. Congratulations on the great design.

Rich

Thanks Rich.
Sleak look is in :D

lonewolfny42

RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »
John....They look great !!! Looks like you'll have a good time listening....nice.
 Denny's done a great job on the veneer....same with AL, he makes some very good speakers. Good luck !!! :beer:

Chris

RAW

RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »
Thanks Chris.
We feel with the addition of Denny making cabinets we can speed up some production times due to demand on our smaller HT3's we have the shop loaded most of the time.

Black Sand Cable

We have delivery!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 04:59:01 PM »
This is the way all speakers should be shipped!

lonewolfny42

RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »
This is the way all speakers should be shipped!

Yep.....shipping can really take a toll if not packed correctly.
Looks like the fun should be starting soon....enjoy !! :beer:

miklorsmith

RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »
My new preamp showed up in a plywood shipping crate, it's the first piece I've received that way.  It seems you're receiving something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, like something really, truly precious lives inside.  It's a great feeling.

I look forward to hearing about these beauties!

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »
Quote from: "miklorsmith"
My new preamp showed up in a plywood shipping crate, it's the first piece I've received that way.  It seems you're receiving something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark, like something really, truly precious lives inside.  It's a great feeling.

I look forward to hearing about these beauties!
My Resolution Audio Opus 21 also came in a little 14x14x14 wood crate with gray foam lining and a hinged lid.  Very nice and not terribly costly.  Tom
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

RAW

Re: RAW Acoustics HT8 & HT2C
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »
Well John has been a little loaded with the HT8 plus he added a center channel our HT2C.

So happy he just ordered the HT3 as surrounds, yes in Rosewood to match the other 3.
Will be interesting to see these in the finished room. along with his new Mac's.